Walk off BOMB or rediculous game saving defensive play?

VikingDavid

Addicted to Softballfans
if you had a choice of ending the game with a huge walk off HR or a sick defensive play, which would it be?

Im not a HR hitter but Im sure it feels good to hit a bomb, but I do know what it feels like to rob someone of what they think is a sure extra base hit in the gap or when they think they have burned me...I pride myself on being a great outfielder and IMO there is NOTHING like making a rediculous diving catch or running down a big hit for an over the shoulder catch and hearing the ENTIRE other teams dugout make that OHHHHH sound...nothing is better IMO...

So the choice is easy for me, what would you rather do?

speedygonz

White Lightning
I think they are both equal. We don't have a fence so I have hit a walk off triple before. In an extra inning I threw their tying run out at home from LF (but he tripped going aroung 3rd... yeah I don't have an arm) on both plays I felt pretty damn good though

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
i've had handfuls of both, and i would go with the defensive play all day

jackrook

Addicted to Softballfans
Bombs away!!! Nothings more fun then rounding third on a gwhr and seeing your team mates crowding the plate, ready to mob you when you touch home. Ahhhhhh I live for that!

murc

I'm gonna go ahead and say defensive brilliance. I was witness to some last week... our RCF made a rediculous over-the-shoulder, pretty much full extension, diving catch for the second out of the last inning.. we were up by 4 or 5 going into it and the other team was rallying for a couple of runs after the first batter popped out before it happened. Batter after that popped out to end it. This was against a team we havn't beaten in 3 years.

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
Bombs away!!! Nothings more fun then rounding third on a gwhr and seeing your team mates crowding the plate, ready to mob you when you touch home. Ahhhhhh I live for that!

who actually runs the bases :confused:

I think a defensive play in a game thats made for offense would be the way to go for this, but hitting a walk off HR would be sweet too.

RColeman23

Addicted to Softballfans
Walkoff. Hands down

A Nice Snatch is great too (Nice Snatch is the name of one of my teams BTW) but you never hear your buddys talking about making a great play to end the game its always the long ball.

smokeum99ta

Addicted to Softballfans
10 years ago HR no doubt! But nowa days anyone can hit a bomb and great defensive plays are harder to come by so I vote defense.

J MO

Best home run hitter in E
easy

Sick Defensive play time and time again.. Everybody can hit the long ball now.. Not everyone can flash the leather.

Hitter

Addicted to Softballfans
My opinion would be defense all day except for one rare circumstance. Its a weekend tourney, 7th inning. Your team was down a few runs and have rallied. 2 outs and you are the winning run. If that's the case I'd vote for the walkoff.

That circumstance is rare though and I love to make the big defensive play.