Buyer Beware WalterDeuce buyer beware

ibtim2316

Addicted to Softballfans
New guy posts a bat for 200$ shipped, posts nothing about fees or sending as a gift. PM him, pay the 200$ and then says I owe him $6 more for paypal fees. I say not how it works here and especially no gifts to new guys. Now my money is on temporary hold from his refund, not a great start for a new guy selling, please read the rules.

WalterDeuce

Star Player
Thats fine. So I earned my first negative, but your not going to bully me and talk to me any kind of way. Everyone knows bats are paid for as family/friends or the buyer adds the fees. I refunded your money during your threats about receiving a negative. All money isn't good money bro. Take Care.

Joker

yes it is buyer beware. you can't add fees onto the price after its been agreed too. the best practices thread says to include all shipping and paypal fees into your price. thats how its done here and if you want it as a gift include that in the thread

WalterDeuce

Star Player
It was a $6.10 mistake...and I refunded the guy his money because he began threatening me with negative feedback if i dont take that loss. Just me as a man...all this isnt called for but I accept the forums rules. lesson learned. ive added that "wording" to my post now. thanks.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
can the seller create a BB thread on the buyer for his "threats" (if he has proof)? If I'm the buyer and the seller genuinely forgot to include the gifting part, I'm probably ticked off but I'm not gonna act like a 2 year old about it. I'd probably rather deal with the seller than the buyer TBH.

Joker

the seller can't eat $6.10? if you can't deal with such a heavy loss in income, maybe you shouldn't be dealing bats

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
If its me I probably would but A) he gave a refund right away and B) I don't need some ******* using a BB as a threat against me

Joker

well read the stickies on how to deal here first and you won't have to deal with a buyer beware feedback. people need to take responsibility for their own actions and stop whining because a guy threatened you with warranted feedback. also its not a threat if you follow through, its a warning

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
See below from the Sticky on top the selling Forum which says *** READ BEFORE BUYING/SELLING ***:

Buying/Selling Guidelines said:
2) DO NOT send a Paypal payment as a gift. Yes it will save you a few dollars, however, if you have an issue with a seller you will not be able to file a dispute with paypal for a refund.

3) List a total price (or trade info) for your items with whatever conditions apply (Price should include PayPal, Insurance, Delivery Confirmation and shipping fees). Minimize PMs for more info.

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=461525

saint

I understand OP is frustrated, but no need to threaten people and such. Treat other how you'd like to be treated. It shouldn't really be that big of an issue. Everyone was new at some point. Just move on and buy another bat.

saint

So 99% of the selling threads are asking the buyer to break the rules

Like Joker said, they are guidelines. It's your choice to deviate from this. No way I'd send money as gift unless I knew they were GTG or know them personally.

ringer83

Banned User
The bat should clearly bring 400+ if swung by the famous walter deuce himself. I mean c'mon the guy hits seeds and fo fiddy bombs. I would have no problem paying the extra 6 bucks.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Thats fine. So I earned my first negative, but your not going to bully me and talk to me any kind of way. Everyone knows bats are paid for as family/friends or the buyer adds the fees. I refunded your money during your threats about receiving a negative. All money isn't good money bro. Take Care.

Maybe you should try again because you are wrong, read the forum rules.

And yes this should be a BB, not only for not following forum rules but for the attitude above. As a buyer I want as much info as possible about the people I'm buying from, this is info I would want if I was purchasing a bat from Walter Duece.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
The bat should clearly bring 400+ if swung by the famous walter deuce himself. I mean c'mon the guy hits seeds and fo fiddy bombs. I would have no problem paying the extra 6 bucks.

I was wondering how long it'd take before someone caught that. Well done ;)

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
Just take your money back and both go your separate ways. Too many people are negative feedback happy and pulling the trigger too fast. Rules are the rules but if both parties dont like the deal, give the money (which he did) and go your separate ways. Just because one little thing got over looked doesnt mean someone should be punished. If he gave your money back then just be happy he did.

Board is becoming worst than real life, first thing you wanna do is SUE SUE SUE.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster

huh ?

Joker

Just take your money back and both go your separate ways. Too many people are negative feedback happy and pulling the trigger too fast. Rules are the rules but if both parties dont like the deal, give the money (which he did) and go your separate ways. Just because one little thing got over looked doesnt mean someone should be punished. If he gave your money back then just be happy he did.

Board is becoming worst than real life, first thing you wanna do is SUE SUE SUE.

too many people are just "whatever move on" and then then next guy gets screwed. if you don't want to help protect fellow members, then you're just as bad

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
too many people are just "whatever move on" and then then next guy gets screwed. if you don't want to help protect fellow members, then you're just as bad

the guy wasnt trying to rip him off. He screwed up and didnt add in paypal fees. To me he should have said "I will just eat the $6 it was my screw up" but people got their panties in a knot and sounds like there was threats, so the guy gave his money back. No harm no foul. No one lost money or items, no one was trying to take anyones money.

Joker

the guy wasnt trying to rip him off. He screwed up and didnt add in paypal fees. To me he should have said "I will just eat the $6 it was my screw up" but people got their panties in a knot and sounds like there was threats, so the guy gave his money back. No harm no foul. No one lost money or items, no one was trying to take anyones money.

backing out of a deal over $6 is not trustworthy. who knows what else he will do in the future

JStout863

Softball is Dumb

That's the point of this being a Buyer Beware and not a NGTG....

All the OP is doing is saying.. "This is what happened, just a heads up to anyone dealing with him"

Not.. This guy screwed me over

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar

WalterDuece refused to pay $6 to fix his own screw up, then gave a bunch of attitude about it. Feedback doesn't just exist to keep people from getting screwed over, it gives people information about how people are to deal with. In this case Walter wasn't trying to screw anyone over but he defiantly showed how he deals with stuff when things go wrong. If he gets pissy about $6 when he messed up, what's gonna happen if a bat he ships gets lost, do you trust that he would reimburse the money even if it takes a month for him to get reimbursed through insurance? People aren't going to refuse to deal with walterDuece after this but it should make them consider if they want to ask him to ship first or maybe look for the same bat from someone else which is supposed to be the whole point of feedback.

BABrase8

Average At Best
WalterDuece refused to pay $6 to fix his own screw up, then gave a bunch of attitude about it. Feedback doesn't just exist to keep people from getting screwed over, it gives people information about how people are to deal with. In this case Walter wasn't trying to screw anyone over but he defiantly showed how he deals with stuff when things go wrong. If he gets pissy about $6 when he messed up, what's gonna happen if a bat he ships gets lost, do you trust that he would reimburse the money even if it takes a month for him to get reimbursed through insurance? People aren't going to refuse to deal with walterDuece after this but it should make them consider if they want to ask him to ship first or maybe look for the same bat from someone else which is supposed to be the whole point of feedback.

He will still drop dem fo fiddy bombs all day