Wasting the day away with a Pocket Radar

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans

Thanks again to motoman125yz for sending me this radar to play around with. This was a pretty fun video to shoot.

I was really interested to see that a lot of the bats were so close in performance. I expected to see a bigger gap from bat to bat. The only thing that I noticed that seemed to really play a factor was bat weights. The higher numbers and higher averages came from the heavier bats. Maybe swinging your sister's 24oz Freak 30 isn't as cool as we once thought.... :eek:

RaiderKit

Addicted to Softballfans
Kick Arse video bro! I know you have nothing better to do but maybe mix in some of those special blends and BP Rockets and see how mush the MPH goes up. I thought your Video was great dude. Keep it up!!

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
for that honey badger right out of wrapper it put up some good numbers...
I know. That surprised me too.
Kick Arse video bro! I know you have nothing better to do but maybe mix in some of those special blends and BP Rockets and see how mush the MPH goes up. I thought your Video was great dude. Keep it up!!

Just from playing with the radar a few other times, you usually see about a 4-5 mph increase going to the special blends.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Did I miss the ASA Bats? I kind of skipped around.

What kind of loyal view are you? :p

My wife lost her keys at work so I had to pack up and go home and dig the spares out for her, only for her to find her keys the second I got home.o_O

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The kind with two little kids that don't remember we have a computer until I'm on it then they want to play games.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
The kind with two little kids that don't remember we have a computer until I'm on it then they want to play games.

Dude I know that feeling. The second I sit down to watch YouTube on the Playstation... "Dad? Can we play NBA 2k17?"

Beauner

Starting Player
How do you like that Combat G3 Dirty? I've got one that sits in my closet now but I used to have a few teammates that loved it.

Beauner

Starting Player
Also, that Miken Gamer preview made my wang tingle a little. I gotta bust the wrapper off of mine at some point.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
How do you like that Combat G3 Dirty? I've got one that sits in my closet now but I used to have a few teammates that loved it.
Those Dirty's are almost if not on the same level as the orange DBA after a few hundred swings.
Also, that Miken Gamer preview made my wang tingle a little. I gotta bust the wrapper off of mine at some point.
I'm going to try and get a review of the Gamer up today, we shall see.

Beauner

Starting Player
Those Dirty's are almost if not on the same level as the orange DBA after a few hundred swings.
Yeah I liked it but it swung a little light for my tastes (27.5oz). I was hoping the endload on mine would be a bit more noticeable. It sits in my closet now because the Patriot and ASA DC forced it out of the bag. Those two bats are stoooooooooopid.

sscroggin

Yada Yada Yada
LSX Freak, love your videos. Keep it up. Another test I think people would like to see is hitting different balls with the same bat and recording speeds. You can keep the manufactures the same but I think it would be interesting to see the difference in speeds between a 52/300 and a classic m. You could throw in some stadiums and then you could freeze a classic m and leave some in your car to heat up and test the difference it makes. We all know it makes a difference but I enjoy seeing numbers behind them. Just some ideas.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
LSX Freak, love your videos. Keep it up. Another test I think people would like to see is hitting different balls with the same bat and recording speeds. You can keep the manufactures the same but I think it would be interesting to see the difference in speeds between a 52/300 and a classic m. You could throw in some stadiums and then you could freeze a classic m and leave some in your car to heat up and test the difference it makes. We all know it makes a difference but I enjoy seeing numbers behind them. Just some ideas.
I like the frozen ball vs ball in the car idea. There's all kinds of ideas we could do with this thing. I wanted to use this to kind of test the waters and see if you guys liked it before I started cranking out a bunch of content with it. Much more in store!
I would have love to see the freak 30 on radar aswell
Just grabbed what I had laying around the garage.

Beauner

Starting Player
As someone who lives in MN and played in 88 degree temps on Tuesday and 45 degree temps on Thursday, I love the idea of the cold ball/hot+humid ball. That would be really fascinating.