What’s the best Classic M ball?

HitDingers

About to start co-ed ball and I need to buy game balls, we will be playing in a hot humid climate in coastal Alabama. Thanks in advance!

4xtra

Player/Coach
gold dot extreme
16WORASSSGLDDTXTRSPS

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I'm going to say Gold Dot Extreme as well. Those classic Ms stay truer in very hot/humid weather than any other classic M I've seen. They don't mush up and turn to pillows. I love X Rocks and ZNs, but they fade badly as the temps get into the 90s.

Gold Dot Extremes are bricks in the cold though, and they will destroy bats.

ANY classic M will work fine up to about 80 degrees. Above 80 is where you start to see the differences in good classic Ms vs. lousy classic Ms.

HitDingers

Text me your address and I will send you a Evil ball sample pack
The sample pack arrived yesterday and initially I'm impressed, weather permitting I'm planning on hitting them Sunday afternoon. I will report back after the BP session, thanks again!

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Gold Dot extremes do not pass spec, I'm not sure how they are legal

Could explain why they're so much better (harder) than other classic Ms. I fully agree that Gold Dot Extremes are the best classic M out there... and it isn't even close. They make ZNs look mushy and junky.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Dot extremes do not pass spec, I'm not sure how they are legal
I'm wondering if they're trying to fix that, because we just played a team at world with some new gsl classic ms with a procomp cover and they sucked. Well, they sounded and flew like zns so they sucked compared to the ones you were talking about.

Only saw one ieo in our games today, but so many people were half swinging it was ridiculous. I don't see how officials can watch any games and think this is what the game is supposed to look like. Half swings and a dhh in e. It's a freaking joke.

Country469

Could explain why they're so much better (harder) than other classic Ms. I fully agree that Gold Dot Extremes are the best classic M out there... and it isn't even close. They make ZNs look mushy and junky.

GSL is owned by whom? I think just cuz they say classic M, doesn't mean they are classic Ms. Marketing ploy.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
GSL and USSSA are obviously the same entity. Gold Dot Extremes are freaking rocks no matter whose sanction stamp is on them. The old .44 400 NSA ones are no exception.

I think all those Gold Dot Extremes perform like .44 525 balls of old.

MR.PISSILE

Addicted to Softballfans
Gold dot extremes made in china the made in Vietnam not as hard... exact same ball china are way better... look at its maker before purchasing... just a tip to my softball brothers

goldglover79

Nc Vinci player rep
I have been pleased with Evil. I found some Decker big sharks the other day, they were useless and to be honest I haven't hit a decent worth ball since the old 47 525's LOL