What bat Changed the game for you

Jammer

Coach
Count me in for the '96 DDW as well. That was the first time I hit one out in softball. I was 19 or 20. Swung that thing into a triangle.

jhitman

Miken Velocit-E and Ultra2. We went from metal to composite and the whole world changed for a lot of us.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Thing is composites kinda wrecked my swing. Once I saw I could hit one out I got away from the approach that made me successful. Although I loved the Genesis I still felt like the DDW days I was more effective.

Jimmy34

Board Prick
Thing is composites kinda wrecked my swing. Once I saw I could hit one out I got away from the approach that made me successful. Although I loved the Genesis I still felt like the DDW days I was more effective.

Are you saying the RJ PST wasn't one of the most fun bats...

And you like the SB34 Genesis because your 150lb body won a HR derby with it before it even hit the shelves...wasn't it Dr Bhatt or something that gave that to you to test?

chirotob

I started playing in Queens, NY in clincher leagues, so not too many bats really made a difference for me when I first started. I only picked up playing with the good balls in 2004 and I was swinging a 2004 Demarini F2 for a year. It made a difference, but I attributed that to hitting a harder ball. Then I swung the OG Synergy+ and it completely changed the game for me.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
another vote for the ESTL

when i figured i could hit one out with it, i wanted to play as much as i could

stickin2j

Good clean family fun
It was either the Easton With the power plug(If any old school guys remember the proper name jump in) and a Carl Rose powercell.

The Redline SZ1-C?
m__p3AIFf0rNxWZRlTUjsxQ.jpg

I liked it a lot, too. And the SB3 Ritch's Superior.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Are you saying the RJ PST wasn't one of the most fun bats...
Yeah but I never used any of my Evil PSTs in games, they were worth too much $$ to accidentally wreck one in a game. Plus contrary to popular belief I was never cool with using a cut bat in games. To me it took away the accomplishment.

And you like the SB34 Genesis because your 150lb body won a HR derby with it before it even hit the shelves...wasn't it Dr Bhatt or something that gave that to you to test?
It was some indian guy that TPS had as their bat rep I cant remember that guys name. That Hr derby was the perfect example if what wrecked my swing, it was totally contrary to my hitting approach to hit the ball up in the air with back spin. That was the beginning of the end of my high average seasons.

66FLH

Addicted to Softballfans
The Worth EST series. It was never the same for a third baseman after those bats. ;)

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
The Redline SZ1-C?
m__p3AIFf0rNxWZRlTUjsxQ.jpg

I liked it a lot, too. And the SB3 Ritch's Superior.

Still have my Redline :D

For me it was, in order of time:

Ritch's Superior <--- first over the fence home run
DDW and Redline <--- first to make the IF's back up and get that :eek: look
OG Ultra <--- first to make me giggle when I hit the ball

Jimmy34

Board Prick
Yeah but I never used any of my Evil PSTs in games, they were worth too much $$ to accidentally wreck one in a game. Plus contrary to popular belief I was never cool with using a cut bat in games. To me it took away the accomplishment.

It was some indian guy that TPS had as their bat rep I cant remember that guys name. That Hr derby was the perfect example if what wrecked my swing, it was totally contrary to my hitting approach to hit the ball up in the air with back spin. That was the beginning of the end of my high average seasons.

I said FUN, not a gamer, lol

Jay Bhatt or something...I remember that kid Mike taking videos that day of us hitting the SB34 and I didn't like it that much but you killed it...I think that's also when Pete Vinci brought out his prototype roller bag...the fun days...

Joker

no one has mentioned it, but the crush was a game changer for my team back in those days

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i dont think a bat changed the game for me. to me it seems very much the same from when i first started when i was 19. sure the bats were crappier, but the hard ass balls made up for it. first hr i hit was with that easton redline posted earlier. 5 man IF is something i never saw until a couple years ago. i guess the first time i used the demar double wall it made me raise my eyebrows.

TRaj2327

The OG Crush is a great bat. For me though the game changer was the RD28. I really started getting into softball shortly after it came out. Before that I had a 28 oz NRG500 and Miken Vicious, but I didn't give either of them enough time and at the time there was no way I could swing an overweight 28 Miken. The RD I actually gave time and the endloaded 26 seemed to work with my dead pull swing perfectly. Since then I was able to improve my game at the plate and now I can hit to all fields.

zuke 37

Star Player
well you asked, so here goes. i've been playing since 1959, and the first bat that made an impression on me was in 1965, it was the louisville 125 sp. this bat cost $3.75, when at the time bats went for $1.50 to $2.50.

the amerola toy co. in pittsburgh pa who made aluminum que sticks made the first aluminum softball bats in 1966, as luck would have it the winter of 67-68 came the ash blight which flogged all of the ash trees made a nessary substatuts for bat materal.

the bat was the 504 orbit launcher. wooden handle, rivited head.

in the 50's and 60's the teams used to carry all of their bat in an army duffle bag. our guys were young or on disability so we were around the park and took batting practice, instead of carring all the bats we just grabbed the metal bat and we started to notice guys were hitting the crap out of the ball who otherwise not big hitters.

in 1969, louisville ky at the u-trip industrial world tourny i came to bat to lead off the second inning and i slashed a single to right with that horrific sound "PUNK". they stopped the game and accused me of using a gas pipe. we argued that it was leagle and nobody outside of pittsburgh knew of aluminum bats. the game was held up for about 5 minutes while the officials made phone calls to pittsburgh and detroit to usssa officials to see about the leagality of the bat.

then an announcement came over the loud speaker, "it's a hit!" the crowd went wild and the next pitch ii was forced out
at second. so it goes for my 15 minutes of fame.

mattya420

Manager
OG Crush was great, they cracked easily though. It was the first bat to hurt my really hurt my wallet...repeatedly

kampy

Addicted to Softballfans
When I first started playing it was the Easton Redline, then the Evo and now the Flipper Aftermath.

M

MJL 00

For me it was the Worth Black EST/og Demarini Distance, then when White Steel came out even better

Last edited by a moderator:

BennyD417

Baller
OG flex. I swung a nasty one when I first started playing when I was 19. That bat made me really start thinking bats made a big difference lol