What compression is the new ball they are using next yr for mens slowpitch?

226z

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not so sure about them not being able to produce a softer comp ball. Anyone who has ever hit the $2.75 wall mart 44/375's knows for sure its possible...lol Actually if ASA wants a ball that no bat will hit really well then they should just mandate the use of only those balls...lol

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
You're misreading what Country and I are saying. That's not at all what was said.

beernbombs

Abby's dad
I'm not so sure about them not being able to produce a softer comp ball. Anyone who has ever hit the $2.75 wall mart 44/375's knows for sure its possible...lol Actually if ASA wants a ball that no bat will hit really well then they should just mandate the use of only those balls...lol

Those balls do not exceed those standards. They could be 40/275 and still say 44/375 on them.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Were still using the 44 375 in our local tournaments and when I asked the director about which ball we would be using going forward, he said he wouldnt know anything until after the national meeting in november. The only place weve used the 52 300 is in states (which was run by our local director) and nationals. I was surprised at how few z1000s I saw at both those tournaments. Alot of people swinging all their regular bats and alot of guys peeling it. I like the Z and think its hot but I havent seen it do anything other bats cant.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
We will continue to use the 44/375 balls around here for quite a while. Our county has a warehouse full of them and they will wait until they are all gone until they buy even one 52/300. Personally, I'm happy about that.

bat doesnt matter nearly as much with this balll.....which is why its awesome, brings being a decent hitter back into the mix again

if you're a "decent hitter" then you shold never be "out of the mix"

I havent noticed much difference batting but ive had some crazy hops playing 3rd

this is one of the biggest attributes of the 52/300 (275) balls, they bounce like a basketball

The Demarini Flipper, the Z's and the Salvos will all hit the 52/300s well.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
You have heard wrong.

ASA is sticking with 98mph. I called up a friend who's a math major and TA out at SDSU, and he assured me that 98 is less than 100.