What does hitting the middle mean?

Schiffy

I too pitch at times & i respect the players or team that at least apologize for a direct shot back to the Pitcher. 1st time a batter does it ok fine prob a mistake as long as your a man about it. Say & make sure the pitcher hears you say "Hey my bad".

NOW.. If the batter doesnt say anything I tend to let it slide a bit but at least mention it to the other teams coach hey your guy should show a little sportmanship after hitting a direct shot to the pitcher. If the same batter does it again meaning back to back & nothing is said I make sure the ump & player know so that the ump can say something to that player.

I know its a game & understand that can happen acccidentally as well as purposely but it takes a player to be a bigger man & apologize for sending a rocket back to the pitcher but it takes a man to be a bigger ***** to do it over & over w/o them not saying anything.

Show good sportmanship... Thats all.
my 2 cts.
:cool:

if you pitched against me, i'd blow up middle, because your mindset is retarded... omg, blue... he just hit middle, say something to him!? most umps here would tell you to field your position better.

RSPoker

Coach
I apologize, but other team says, "We can handle it," and pitcher says, "That's why I have a glove on my hand," but odd thing is this is a league with a pitcher's box.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Mop

The Veteran
I too pitch at times & i respect the players or team that at least apologize for a direct shot back to the Pitcher. 1st time a batter does it ok fine prob a mistake as long as your a man about it. Say & make sure the pitcher hears you say "Hey my bad".

NOW.. If the batter doesnt say anything I tend to let it slide a bit but at least mention it to the other teams coach hey your guy should show a little sportmanship after hitting a direct shot to the pitcher. If the same batter does it again meaning back to back & nothing is said I make sure the ump & player know so that the ump can say something to that player.

I know its a game & understand that can happen acccidentally as well as purposely but it takes a player to be a bigger man & apologize for sending a rocket back to the pitcher but it takes a man to be a bigger ***** to do it over & over w/o them not saying anything.

Show good sportmanship... Thats all.
my 2 cts.
MOTHER OF GOD! Your literally the biggest homo that ever lived.

Cubslover

Certified Mother****er
Hitting the middle around here then barking at the pitcher will most likey get your own pitcher killed.

I don't usually do it, mostly because I can't do it.

meat3

Addicted to Softballfans
i posted earlier on this thread about how pitcher has a glove and its no big deal. well last night i hit a pitcher in the head on a line shot complete accident. i felt so horrible its not a big deal until you actually hurt a pitcher. :(

DemPhenom

0ff-season- A time of year where people too stupid to move to somewhere sunny have to bowl, hammer down wings, play darts,billiads or something else to have fun because its 15 degrees and every ball field is covered in cold a$$ white shyt.

"its nice here but i love seasons too much. so do i, thats why i moved to a place that skips the shytty ones"- daniel tosh

im in southern california bitches, we dont have this so called off season.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
can someone explain what is meant by hitting the middle? why does the other team get mad when you hit the middle? is there a protocol to hitting the middle?

If you don't know what it is, how do you know the other team gets mad? :confused:

I will not read on. But I suspect shinnanigans.

-TheHook-

Addicted to Softballfans
We hit middle in tourneys around here, but we try to stay out of it during league. Tourneys you should be good enough to defend the middle and yourself or you need to get off the bump. Also there is a difference between hitting middle and hitting at a pitcher. Hitting middle can be left, right, over the pitcher. Alot of times you can tell the difference between the guys that are trying to hit a pitcher from the ones hitting holes. I go up in tourneys and look for the hole.

I also think masks for pitchers should be mandatory. We've had 1 death and 1 or 2 really bad accidents here that could've been saved by a mask. Just sayin

Mr. Leo

Addicted to Softballfans
if you pitched against me, i'd blow up middle, because your mindset is retarded... omg, blue... he just hit middle, say something to him!? most umps here would tell you to field your position better.

Na.. I'd jst let your team know if thats how they wanna play thats fine w/ me. We will gladly play your game. Jst to piss them off & get them rattled I'd say that but we don't actually do it.. LOL! :D

MOTHER OF GOD! Your literally the biggest homo that ever lived.

HAHA!

So from what I've been reading some of you make it an effort to always go middle? So u basically go out every game to try to take out the pitcher? Cuz from the replies thats what it seems like some of u do. Some understand the point I'm trying to make.

Tourney Games are more competitive & I can understand that but y do it in a Rec ball league? Do u feel like a bigger man cuz u almost took out the pticher in a rec league? Seriously? I find it funny if you do. Sad but funny.

Jst curious to know...
How far is it from home to 1st & from the mound to home?

Last edited:

UptotheKnuckle

Addicted to Softballfans
Let me just say. I don't care if people go middle on me when I pitch for the most part. But when you swinging a shaved stick and go middle your just a douche bag. Ya ya you all say you have a glove use it and all that BS, and maybe thats my problem. I'm not afraind to field the ball. I had this douche go middle on me last week using a salvo with a black endcap (no orange plug). The hit it so hard the ball literally blured the last ten feet. I got my glove down to my knee before it hit me.
5ab6c9e8.jpg

Now in SCMAF we use crappy .40/275 balls during league. After I get hit the bat "magically" has dissapeared into someones bat bag. I told the blue, "What happened to the bat the guy was using? It got off the field pretty quick huh?" The blue then warns the team. The next time the guy comes up he hits a line drive to second with a 2011 may98. (he is a lefty) His hit had no where near the speed of his liner to middle, in fact none of his hits for the rest of the night had any power from his first hit.
So when i hear all this BS of "Pitcher has a glove." "If you can't catch don't pitch." I want to be the first to say this "If you have to swing a shaved stick to get on base, don't bat."

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
Now in SCMAF we use crappy .40/275 balls during league. After I get hit the bat "magically" has dissapeared into someones bat bag. I told the blue, "What happened to the bat the guy was using? It got off the field pretty quick huh?" The blue then warns the team. The next time the guy comes up he hits a line drive to second with a 2011 may98. (he is a lefty) His hit had no where near the speed of his liner to middle, in fact none of his hits for the rest of the night had any power from his first hit.
So when i hear all this BS of "Pitcher has a glove." "If you can't catch don't pitch." I want to be the first to say this "If you have to swing a shaved stick to get on base, don't bat."
It's possible he felt bad about hitting you and thinking about it messed with his swing.

UptotheKnuckle

Addicted to Softballfans
It's possible he felt bad about hitting you and thinking about it messed with his swing.

^^^^^Could be.^^^^^
Could also be they got shut down the first three innings and he was pissed. Cause he didnt walk th box the rest of the game. He "could have" been trying to send a message to me to stop throwing the front and back corners. One thing I know for sure is he didnt use that bat again and neither did the rest of the team. That thing dissapeared faster the Houdini LMAO! (just some fyi I did finish pitching the game) I couldn't feel my leg probably some nerve damage :( :( well on the bright side .... if it happens again i probably won't feel it :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

UptotheKnuckle

Addicted to Softballfans
Our league has been a non stop middle war for the past two weeks.. it gets old fast.

Damn that sucks. Someone is bound to get hurt eventually. Last time a team kept going middle for three innings intentionally, not sure if our RC did it on purpose ( he has an arm) but he gunned a guy tagging up from three running home. Happened to pegg him in the nuts as he was crossing home plate.

Mudfrog

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea last monday it almost led up to a fight between teams. There is one specific guy that would go "oooooohhhhppp" as he hit middle then run his mouth about it. If he hit middle fine but the taunting on top of it was just asking for trouble. Both teams almost got thrown out. I never run my mouth but I had a few things to say that game..

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Damn that sucks. Someone is bound to get hurt eventually. Last time a team kept going middle for three innings intentionally, not sure if our RC did it on purpose ( he has an arm) but he gunned a guy tagging up from three running home. Happened to pegg him in the nuts as he was crossing home plate.

If he did that on purpose, he should be pitching in the big's. That's some crazy pin point accuracy to hit a moving target in that direct of a location from, I'm guessin, 150+ ft away.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
If he did that on purpose, he should be pitching in the big's. That's some crazy pin point accuracy to hit a moving target in that direct of a location from, I'm guessin, 150+ ft away.
How about the catcher not even trying to catch it?

UptotheKnuckle

Addicted to Softballfans

lol IKR He claims he was trying, but what looked like what happened was a great throw to the catcher for a tag out but the catcher was behind the plate not in front.

agentholmes

Addicted to Softballfans
I pitch unlimited arc, in a aluminum bat league. Middle is not really a problem some guys say sorry.

I like to catch balls so it isn't really a problem. It isn't like people are or even really could purposfully "blow the pitcher up".

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I pitch unlimited arc, in a aluminum bat league. Middle is not really a problem some guys say sorry.

I like to catch balls so it isn't really a problem. It isn't like people are or even really could purposfully "blow the pitcher up".

Bro, on this board, I wouldn't state it quite like that......