What happened to the bat reviews?

jhitman

I use to rely on the bat reviews to help me make choices on future bats. It's sad that it's not the way it used to be.

jhitman

Bat reviews are almost pointless nowadays. The bats are all hot, and there isn't really any parity.

I mean, is anyone going to review a Fireflex and say its dead? I don't think so.

True and I agree it's not as much of a difference from bat to bat like it was in the past. Just liked getting several respected members opinions on the feel, endload etc.

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
Bat reviews are almost pointless nowadays. The bats are all hot, and there isn't really any parity.

I mean, is anyone going to review a Fireflex and say its dead? I don't think so.

To review the performance is pointless, however a reviewer can comment on the feel of the bat, which could be useful especially if its a new bat with "new" marketed technology.

kvander

Addicted to Softballfans
Check out BP Hero on youtube, he does a ton of reviews and does a nice and unbiased job.
BP Hero does good reviews, and provides explanations for his opinions (something lacking by basically every other video reviewer). However, it's nice to have more that one persons opinion. Especially since he will have very specific preferences.
The most useful review to me would be one that compares a bat to something else, as a point of reference.

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
To review the performance is pointless, however a reviewer can comment on the feel of the bat, which could be useful especially if its a new bat with "new" marketed technology.

I agree. It's a joke seeing a so called bat review on FB as all the info you get is that the bat is hot or fire Lol. Then 95% of the ones on YouTube are just guys showing off in bp saying absolutely nothing about the bat....zero!! Nothing on feel, flex, end load etc. Our man BP Hero does an excellent job as does Dave for senior sticks.

dunkky

FB reviews are beyond joke. those guys are nothing but fan boys with fairly tales with no proof. if you give them different opinion, they take it personally and go after your kids and wife. lol. Look no further folks. SBF bros are doing good job reviewing bats here. if you don't see what u are looking for, just post with your question, answer will be followed. how convenient is that. on top of that, addition of bphero + bat hound videos, you are covered. Watching bakesta72' latetest video post, i learned something new that i wanna try. Grab a tee and your favorite color bat, go out and swing! Damn my ankle.. this sucks.

Country469

You guys aren't really getting it.

In the last 20 years, composite bat standards have both;
A. come in place
B. evolved
C. essentially capped legal abilities of a bat.

Back in the day a difference between 300-and 30,000 swings to get a bat super hot was a big deal. Now they all come out ready to roll.
Back in the day there really was no broken in standard. If it got into the game, she was gtg. Now, that 220 line creeps up after a few hours of BP.
Back in the day there was not compression testing, if your bat didnt have a crack or wasn't suspect she was fine
Back in the day you could shave a bat and get years of use, people cared about long term durability far more, and it enabled cheating far more, hence more feedback needed.
They make bats specifically for a ball spec now.

Literally all the bats are gonna be good now, there is so minimal performance differences its unreal. its all about feel.
Your weight
Your load
Your stiffness
Your mom

There really is not a need for bat reviews anymore. Its more about figuring out what fits your swing spec wise, and sticking to that.