What new bat will swing closest to my 2009 The One 1.2 (DXONU)

Hundreadproof

The Veteran
My 30oz The One 1.2 (DXONU) has finally given out. The umpire pulled it when he thought a line drive I hit was a little too hot to handle. The place I play (Liberty Park of America) is being very careful about bats with the old USSSA stamp and I was told that it SLIGHTLY failed the compression test. Not surprising given its age and 1000+ swings on it.

That puts me back on the market for new bat and I'm wondering what bat with the new USSSA stamp would swing closest to my old one? I'd want a 2013-2015 model year. We typically hit a .44COR / 400NSA ball.

My first thought was the Stadium CL22, but I'm open to advice. It have to say its a bit confusing right now since the Demarini website doesn't even seem to list everything that's out there.

Thanks in advance!

Hendo9

Softball Junkie
My 30oz The One 1.2 (DXONU) has finally given out. The umpire pulled it when he thought a line drive I hit was a little too hot to handle. The place I play (Liberty Park of America) is being very careful about bats with the old USSSA stamp and I was told that it SLIGHTLY failed the compression test. Not surprising given its age and 1000+ swings on it.

That puts me back on the market for new bat and I'm wondering what bat with the new USSSA stamp would swing closest to my old one? I'd want a 2013-2015 model year. We typically hit a .44COR / 400NSA ball.

My first thought was the Stadium CL22, but I'm open to advice. It have to say its a bit confusing right now since the Demarini website doesn't even seem to list everything that's out there.

Thanks in advance!

If you want a One feel you need to by a One series bat... The CL22 while still stiff it is more flexy than the One series....

jefflam79

Get away from that Bat!!!
If you want a One feel you need to by a One series bat... The CL22 while still stiff it is more flexy than the One series....

This.. I had a One1.2 and it is very stiff all around. The softer and flexier bats won't feel the same.

Atiyeh

BP Hero
I would recommend a ONE. Those feel very similar to the Utrip old school ONE's. Man those were great bats....miss that one.

Hundreadproof

The Veteran
Is there any difference between the black/green CL22 and the grey/pink CL22?

My concern with the 2014 The ONE is the double certification (USSSA & ASA). I'm wondering if the double certification means its not particularly good at hitting either ball. We use a .44-400 ball. Any thoughts?

ChillyBaller

Psalms 54:4
Is there any difference between the black/green CL22 and the grey/pink CL22?

My concern with the 2014 The ONE is the double certification (USSSA & ASA). I'm wondering if the double certification means its not particularly good at hitting either ball. We use a .44-400 ball. Any thoughts?

if it was a easton or worth it wouldnt be good. but its a demarini swing away.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
there may some similarity with the vx2 as well. I thought they may be close, but only swung a 27oz vx2 and 30oz the one, so there was a lot of difference in swing weight. both insanely balanced and stiff though

I would say that the j3u and 2013 CL22 stadium are nowhere close. not the same balance, and nowhere near as stiff

as for the dual stamps, so far I've only hit a couple(eastons) and to me they were just like all the other utrip stamped bats. I'm not convinced I'd use a dual stamp over some of the better asa only stamped bats though