What shoes does everyone wear for slow pitch?

austinsbrewer

I have been playing for roughly 3 years and mostly just play in turf shoes unless my brother isn't wearing his cleats, then I wear those. I'd never really had issues with wearing turf shoes up until recently. I have had several times where I've lost my footing recently and I'm not sure if it's just due to my turf shoes being old or if I should grab a pair of molded cleats. I see lots of guys wearing different kinds of turf shoes. I just wondered what you all thought about this. Are there turf shoes that are meant to be used for softball specifically that maybe have more grip to them? What do you all wear when you play?

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
j6ualk.jpg

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Have you met Joker yet?

He will soon enough.

Football cleats. I can always find $120 football cleats on sale locally for under $50. There is absolutely zero football here but for some bizarre reason, all the stores stock them.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
We have turf fields here and i wear Salomon speedcross 4's. Best shoe I've worn for ball. Ill never go back to cleats again

killabees

Outfield on grass = trails/molded depending on the weather and quality of the field and how long I'll be on my feet and playing for. Infield on dirt/everything on turf = Turf. Molded cleats and turfs I use New Balance, trails I use the Boombah Hellcats. I've also heard a lot of good things about football cleats.

Hagen49

I got a pair of Under Armour Harper molded cleats at the start of the season and like them. I have not played any tourneys or anything where I am wearing them for more than a few hours at a time, but no issues from my end.

austinsbrewer

I have been wearing turfs for the last couple years as I play 2nd bass. However, I almost slipped a couple times the last time we played. They’re old turf shoes so it’s probably just because they’re loosing their tread. I’m gonna check out the NB & Boombah turf shoes & see what I can find. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
I have been wearing turfs for the last couple years as I play 2nd bass. However, I almost slipped a couple times the last time we played. They’re old turf shoes so it’s probably just because they’re loosing their tread. I’m gonna check out the NB & Boombah turf shoes & see what I can find. Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Check out the boombah hellcats.

Dogue

Evil Genius
I got a pair of Under Armour Harper molded cleats at the start of the season and like them. I have not played any tourneys or anything where I am wearing them for more than a few hours at a time, but no issues from my end.
Once you try turfs you'll never put cleats on again

Hagen49

Once you try turfs you'll never put cleats on again
I'm thinking about grabbing a pair since the fall league I'll be playing on a turf field. I found some that are pretty aggressive so I may go with those just because I could potentially use them on dirt too.