What would you want?

packerbacker796

Bi-Polar as they Come
my buddy got me to thinking the other day. jis team was down 10-0 in the ship. his team battles back to win 31-29.anyway bottom of 7th bases loaded 2 down and he says guess whose up? I'm thinking to myself WTF i would be thinking if it were me. So are Mr Clutch or Mr choke? Would you even like it if it all came down to you?Iknow most on here will be like its just league bro. How about if it was for a Big tourney same thoughts? I wouldn't want it to be me unless i was hitting lightsout leading up to it

itheshow

Addicted to Softballfans
I personally love being in this situation. 2/4 on the year in walkoff situations, either way there is beer after the game.

getsideways

Addicted to Softballfans
Was in a similar situation, elimination game in a local tourney 3 weeks ago. Battled back from 6 runs down in the bottom of 7, 2 down runner on 3rd im the tying run and I choke ground out to SS.
I was batting like poop all weekend tho and really didnt want to go up there, Normally I want to be in that spot unless im having a miserable batting weekend.

LetTheBigDogEat

The Veteran
just depends how i've been hitting recently. been in the opportunity to be the shake hand man, walk it off, or pass it back many times. sometimes i love it, at times i've dreaded it due to slumping

Classax

Act Like You Know
Been enjoying that moment since I was old enough to imagine it. I always want the rock when the game is on the line.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Was in a similar situation, elimination game in a local tourney 3 weeks ago. Battled back from 6 runs down in the bottom of 7, 2 down runner on 3rd im the tying run and I choke ground out to SS.
I was batting like poop all weekend tho and really didnt want to go up there, Normally I want to be in that spot unless im having a miserable batting weekend.

I like your honesty here bro. I been on both sides of it and this side really sucks.

I dont care who you are, you're almost crapping your pants if its in a big tournament or something. You might wanna be there, but its nerve racking. It aint the idea of losing the game thats scary, its letting your teammates down. You could line out to the outfield or roll over a grounder, you still didnt get the job done and it sucks.

mac51

Manager
^^^^^ This here I want to be there everytime i like the presure but it is nerve racking and its not the presure of winning and losing it's letting your teammates down.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
let me up every time. even if i've hit like crap all tourney, the walk off is the only one they'll remember. turn it all around with one swing.

blakcherry329

As a pitcher you are put in that situation a lot more, than when hitting. Having said that, I am 10x's more anxious batting than pitching in a walk-off situation. Not that I don't want to be there, it's just way more intense at the plate. I usually have a good AB. Not saying I come through every time. No one does. But I usually hit it hard somewhere.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
I want it to be me, because I know my teammates are going to **** it up, lol. That, and I am just a winner. You can call me arrogant, ****y, or whatever, but all winner's have the same attitude

blakcherry329

I want it to be me, because I know my teammates are going to **** it up, lol. That, and I am just a winner. You can call me arrogant, ****y, or whatever, but all winner's have the same attitude

[ame="http://youtu.be/0OnpkDWbeJs"]http://youtu.be/0OnpkDWbeJs[/ame]

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans

True that! an 9 outta 10 times im hittin hard right back up the box unless we got a HR left!

Breedawg69

Extra Hitter

"Winner's go home and **** the prom queen."

Mmcombo

Addicted to Softballfans
If not me, then there are only one or two guys I would rather have. I have been the hero and the goat but when I was the goat there was no one else to blame and I can accept that.

zartan_jk

An Outfielder
I was in a situation at a tourney, tie ball game bottom of the 7th, 2 outs, guy on first, and our teams best hitter came up so they walked him to get to me. I ripped a shot into LCF and the guy on 2nd scores for the win. Pretty cool.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
We played USSSA State a couple of weeks ago. In our first game, we fought back from down 5. The guy in front of me was up with 1st and 3rd, 2 outs, and down by 2. He got a hit, runner on 1st went to 3rd, he went to 2nd on the throw, the ball got away from them and we ended up tied with him at 3rd as the winning run. I was nervous before his at bat but relaxed when I couldn't lose the game. I ended up getting a hit. Last Monday in league, we went into 1 pitch; I was the tying run with 2 outs, a runner on first, and the best hitter on the team behind me. I wasn't nervous at all. I got a hit, and the next guy hit a very close ball that hooked foul over the fence.

Don't be nervous. Just hit the ball (if you get something to hit).

Bzweifel

Just incase there isn't enough pressure already, I tell my coach "go stand behind the fence, I want to keep this ball."

J12

Coach
give me the stick all day. it's softball! the odds are always on the hitter's side. and **** that "just league" BS. i can understand regular season... but if you're not pumped to win those playoffs games and the championship, I don't want to play with you in a tourney either... we always play to win