What you taking for pain after Tournaments?

KangarooNokona

Kangabilly
bc powder through the nostrils. IJP I have bad tendonitis in my elbow so i normally take 2 ibprofin before I ever start and then 2 more 4 hours later and so on.

The Mad Hatter

Addicted to Softballfans
Ibuprofen or Naproxen. If I played a lot of games I'll soak the crap out of my legs in a cold water / ice water tub with Epsom salt - really helps the legs recover. Do that for 15 minutes 1-2 times (or more if I can). Stretch lots before I go to bed, drink plenty of G2 or other electrolyte product, take a multivitamin or two to replace what I sweated out during the day. This help limit the soreness and probably knocks 2-3 days off my recovery time (although I'm 38, and these days it take 5-6 days to recover from a long tourney).

franknwhit

Game on!
54 and i don't take nothing. Played 4 games on Sun. last week, did i have a few aches n pains yes, but still take nothing. I'll take that back i had 4 beers when i was done playing.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
Vicodin chased with Jack Daniels. It's what Bret Favre used to do. Good enough for him, good enough for me!

softballking

Addicted to Softballfans
I suffer from cronic pain 24/7, and some days are better then others. Here's what I've learned over the years dealing with the pain. I always use Ibuprofen before I play my sports. This way I don't get as bothered if my hips start to hurt during my sport.I have found that the best brandto use is the Costco Kirkland no name brand. It sells for like $9.00 for a pack of 120 pills.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I got them bad shoulders and i take Aleve. Not for the pain so much as to keep inflammation down. When all them little bits in the shoulders get inflamed, that's when the pain will come. I try to treat the cause, not the symptom.

DOM713

Addicted to Softballfans
I got them bad shoulders and i take Aleve. Not for the pain so much as to keep inflammation down. When all them little bits in the shoulders get inflamed, that's when the pain will come. I try to treat the cause, not the symptom.

Same as this guy^^^ I have bad shoulders elbows and wrists from a bad snowboarding accident when I was younger so all those joints tend to get inflamed and sore when playin ball, sometimes it worse than others so if it's not too bad I just rest.

Last edited:

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm playing on a recovering fractured femur and hip. I just discovered biofreeze. It's pretty good. After the games, I'll split a 20 piece nuggets with my dog and son. If that doesn't cut it, I'll ice it and take some naproxen.

HTG 15

The "Big Hurt"
I take Advil about a hour before I play, then a couple more mid day, and then 2 when I get home with some beer, food, and then stretching my muscles with my wife. If ya know what I mean... ;) :D