Whats the best cold weather bat?

mda0303

Part Time Player
I play in some Ohio ASA leagues real early in the spring and late into the fall. I want to find a bat that is extra hot when its cold. :D

WarHorse

Star Player
For ASA: if you like composites most will hold up well in the cold. There's a higher risk of cracking and damage.
For metal: I love the Andersen RockeTech, Demarini Raw Steel, and if going cheap: Worth Amp.

If I had to choose I'd go Anderson or Demarini. If you're used to hitting a Demarini, that is. I use a Toxic Reload because I'm poor and I don't play much winter ball.

manlawner

Don't forget the ASA Catty , or just an older PST, both great bats, and not many bats outhit PSTs when it gets colder

Buckeye20

Addicted to Softballfans
Any bat that is " extra hot " in warm weather , will be "extra hot" in cold weather ! A little common sence goes a long way , and if you don't believe me you can use the search function to find this very topic , it's only been addressed about 1000 times!

SoftballBomber9

Addicted to Softballfans
Most older Mikens hold up extremely well in cold weather. 484, NRG. Freak 98. Recoil... Some older eastons hold up too. Just search around bro most older ASA bats can be had for fairly cheap. Good luck finding a bat.

I love how people see a thread, click on it, read down a handful or replies and take the time to tell a very new member that their question is stupid and they should have search for their question before cluttering up the board with foolish non-sense about bats that come out every couple months and or change performance with use. Fortunately for me I can afford One decent used bat and a couple cheap new ones for everyone to beat on so I don't need opinions of people with greater access and availability to bats I cant afford or haven't had the luxury of using for anything more than a couple swings at a tourney when its 95 degrees.
MDA0303 - Welcome to the community of softball fans.
But don't worry, it gets better and if you weed out the "experts", "rec league heroes", and "internet superstars" you will find lots of good people with similar interests and invaluable experience and knowledge.
As for an answer to your question, here in Maine when we get our winter ball groove on, metal bats and older bats we aren't worried about cracking are the rule. After 40 -45 degrees its not as important but mikens and seem to be the most durable, then worth. Combat and demarini are the most susceptible to cold, Easton is hit or miss. Hope it helps and have fun, that's why we play, right?

Any bat that is " extra hot " in warm weather , will be "extra hot" in cold weather ! A little common sence goes a long way , and if you don't believe me you can use the search function to find this very topic , it's only been addressed about 1000 times!

Yeah, until it breaks in 25 hits. :bsflag:

N8iveSoul

Chief Slapahoe
Shrek Catty and F98. Great, great sticks year round and fantastic in the cold. Check with your Association for stamp regulations first though.

N8iveSoul

Chief Slapahoe
FYI, some here like to spread knowledge. Others like to spread ridicule by belittling/bashing. You'll soon get to know both very well. Welcome to the boards, Bro.

rtrantham

The Veteran
Hello again everyone, I was wondering do the U trip bats hold up better % wise to colder weather than Asa? Just curious.

rtrantham

The Veteran
Hey a Fellow Tennesseean. I play in Midstate sports league. Where do you play? But back to topic though, I thought just as much. I wanted a second opinion.

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans
Bad idea considering the price...:eek:
Plenty of cheap NIW BP bats if U know where to look

Last edited:

Rocketfire24

Addicted to Softballfans

Yeah, what he said. That bat that you really like in warm weather, well guess what. It gets better in cold weather. If you are asking what will hold up in cold weather...well...anything that is considered durable. F98, OG Eastons, NRG, Catty, PST.