What's the best new ASA only for hard balls

lineshot

Banned User
I'm trying to find an ASA only bat to hit 44/400 balls with. I love my dual stamp Zs but they aren't as good when hitting rocks.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
The Damarini Fu Dawg is one the most durable of the ASA only bats. I've only swung it against the 44/375 and 52/300 though, never anything harder.

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
I would suggest either the J3a, Mercy or one of the new 2014 Asa Demarini's. Only game status though, no bp.

Roundin4

Hit it and Sit it
Exactly....these new bats may smoke the harder balls but they aren't any better than some old ASA greats. And the older stuff will last WAY longer.

Last edited:

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
tons of OG eastons selling for under 200... they will last u 10 times as long as the ASA only stuff with those types of balls. i would stay away from ASA only bats and the 44/400

randy10

Coach
Og Eastons or worth may98. Stay away from the triad unless you can afford a new one every couple weeks. They are designed for the 52s but smoke the hard balls just aren't very durable

ATL Rookie

Manager
ASA Combat Wanted. As durable as anything I have seen from the ASA only stuff.

That said, go with a pre ABI bat if you are hitting those balls consistently. The older bats will last you 5x as long as the new bat, and its replacement.

sjury

The Old Man
The Mutant you posted would work. I agree, with all the posts...look for an old bat, more durable same pop--- if you go new stamp, easton or worth, the rest will not last the year.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
ASA Combat Wanted. As durable as anything I have seen from the ASA only stuff.

That said, go with a pre ABI bat if you are hitting those balls consistently. The older bats will last you 5x as long as the new bat, and its replacement.

Combat Wanted asa only
or any good, well broken in pre abi bat

The ASA Wanted is the only new bat I've seen that could handle those balls. Better off just getting a Pre-ABI bat like most have said.

FWIW, I BP'ed my ASA Wanted with 44/400's to break it in. It didn't even web until after a few hundred swings.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you after a bp bat or bat for games? Team bat or just you swinging it? Balanced or endloaded?

tmett57

Coach
fu dawgs they have been durable with harder balls than 44 400 for me got about 1100-1500 swings off 44-525 and balls like that with my 30 fu and my 28 have probably more than that with a mix of softer balls to. After about 200 cuts gamer ready with a ton of life and just get better.

lineshot

Banned User
Are you after a bp bat or bat for games? Team bat or just you swinging it? Balanced or endloaded?

I play ASA league that uses hard balls. We could use pre-abi bats but I don't care about durability I just want a straight rocket launcher since some ASA ONLY get hotter than USSSA/pre-abi bats with hard balls.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I play ASA league that uses hard balls. We could use pre-abi bats but I don't care about durability I just want a straight rocket launcher since some ASA ONLY get hotter than USSSA/pre-abi bats with hard balls.

Then the Wanted or the J3A are your choices. Two hottest bats around, hands down. Just depends which fits your swing best.

jasonhud

Addicted to Softballfans
ASA bat

For the harder balls, pick up a SCN3, SCX3, or SRV3. You can go wrong with either of these three. If you like a two piece with some flex in the handle, pick up a Demarini Juggy. The SRV3 and juggy can be had at bargain prices at this point. Good luck!