When karma gets ya!

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
I have a neighbor--he's an older guy--who used to play a lot of competitive softball, although mostly fast pitch. Anyway he heard I was playing softball again, we were both outside working on our yards Tuesday, and he came over and asked me how the team was going.

I told him that we'd only played 2 games and lost both, one a heartbreaker and one a blowout. He asked how I was doing. I tried to be humble enough and told him I was doing OK, only had 8 ABs but was hitting the ball well, hadn't made an official "out" yet (had a couple reached on errors and a walk) and knock on wood hopefully I can continue hitting well.

We then talked about umpiring a bit and I told him I try not to get caught up in "bad" calls as its been my experience that 1) you ain't gonna change the ump's mind and 2) over the course of a season (or tourney) you get calls go for you and against you and they all pretty much even out.

Cue the games Tuesday night. I hit pretty badly, only a few decent shots (and two were right at dudes for outs) and of course my team seemed to have EVERY call go against us. Oh, and we lost both, one a blowout and one a heartbreaker.

Just seemed funny to me that exactly what I talked about is exactly what happened. Sure seemed to try my patience and no, I didn't argue any of the bad calls. It happens I guess. They were the types of games that had they happened 15 or so years ago or in a tourney or something they woulda stuck with me for awhile.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
karma is making you 0-4?

(This is why this board has become about as useless as **** on a boar---everyone's first reaction is to out smart-ass everyone else. Sheesh!)

No, karma has nothing to do with 0-4, don't know how ya got that unless what they say about publik edumacation really is true. The "karma" part was me telling my neighbor I was hitting well then didn't hit well, and me saying I don't get caught up in bad calls then that very night we had a lot of calls go against us.

Holy cow thought that was pretty obvious.

BIGPAPA33

ULTRA MEGA
(This is why this board has become about as useless as **** on a boar---everyone's first reaction is to out smart-ass everyone else. Sheesh!)

No, karma has nothing to do with 0-4, don't know how ya got that unless what they say about publik edumacation really is true. The "karma" part was me telling my neighbor I was hitting well then didn't hit well, and me saying I don't get caught up in bad calls then that very night we had a lot of calls go against us.

Holy cow thought that was pretty obvious.

Aren't you glad to be back bro?:D

whogotz

dilligaf?
it happens. last week, knowing damn well i shouldnt have, i cracked on a dude that was 0 for his last 6 or 7. i told him, pay attention, i'm 6 for my last 6.

next two at bats: horrible swings, popped up to first base, and dribbled one to 2b.

eff it man, it's all for fun and jokes in the long run.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
it happens. last week, knowing damn well i shouldnt have, i cracked on a dude that was 0 for his last 6 or 7. i told him, pay attention, i'm 6 for my last 6.

next two at bats: horrible swings, popped up to first base, and dribbled one to 2b.

I look at it like it just means next Tuesday I'll be ripping the cover off the ball. Maybe. :)

falko1266

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah thats true. You can't tell any kind of story on here without a bunch of smart a** replies.

pnpxtreme

Lights Out Sports
how is that a smart ass reply? I was simply confused as to why Karma has anything to do with you have a bad outing?

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Two questions:

1) Why does Karma hate the Op's team so badly that they're 0-4?

2) Who does Karma have money on to win the league title.......So, I can place a few bets in Vegas?

OG_\FlyingPigs

Purrrrrr
004966_3.jpg

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.

Eh, at least I'm honest---had a bad night mere hours after telling my neighbor how well I was playing. Karma, irony, whatever. Just thought it was kinda funny.

Maybe next time I'll just post that we lost cuz the other team swung "cheater sticks" like 99.9999999% of posters on this site seem to do now.

g8orguy

Addicted to Softballfans

Happens to the best of us.

Eastendpat

The Veteran
(this is why this board has become about as useless as **** on a boar---everyone's first reaction is to out smart-ass everyone else. Sheesh!)

holy cow thought that was pretty obvious.

yeah thats true. You can't tell any kind of story on here without a bunch of smart a** replies.

like moths to a flame, the usual douches respond to a post.

+9023840938248235907823450-9435907823890234

pnpxtreme

Lights Out Sports
Eh, at least I'm honest---had a bad night mere hours after telling my neighbor how well I was playing. Karma, irony, whatever. Just thought it was kinda funny.

Maybe next time I'll just post that we lost cuz the other team swung "cheater sticks" like 99.9999999% of posters on this site seem to do now.

I will subscribe to that. :cool: