When to cut players?

astuber

Addicted to Softballfans
This is why you don't invite bad players to begin with. If they are long-time friends and you cut them at this point you are a total jerk. Another reason why you need to play on multiple teams to pull the best players together for tournaments. This way your tournament team is not your league team, so you are not obligated to invite everybody.

trip

stfu
2 an a Q? do you even know wtf you're talking about?

softball is lower on my weekend priority than mowing the lawn.

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
This is why you don't invite bad players to begin with. If they are long-time friends and you cut them at this point you are a total jerk. Another reason why you need to play on multiple teams to pull the best players together for tournaments. This way your tournament team is not your league team, so you are not obligated to invite everybody.

If the intention is playing C with the goal of eventually moving to B and making a conference team, then you gotta be realistic and level with everyone. If he is trying to win at D or E selling out your friends is pretty ****ty. It's far more satisfying being the underdog and winning a tournament with buds you've been competing with for years then going in with a bunch of free agents or ringers when winning is expected. Or worse yet, not winning, and have to deal with a ton of drama about who is to blame and who should be cut to make the ultimate D team ever ;).

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
2 an a Q? do you even know wtf you're talking about?

softball is lower on my weekend priority than mowing the lawn.

2 loses and then have a team barbeque...so do you kno what the **** your talking about????? never heard that terminology be for i take it????

trip

stfu
lol @ yankee fans

quit acting like a *****.

and learn the difference between your and you're. ****.

trip

stfu
and you're from wisconsin. i heard a football player from there tried to kill himself by jumping out his basement window.

tbatti

Addicted to Softballfans
Run a separte tourney team from your league team. Different name, jerseys etc..... segregation made. League is league, tourney is tourney.

This way way everbody still plays no cuts.

spos21ram

The Legend
Keep them for league play and start filtering new guys in when u start tournaments. Also if the bad players miss a game here or there, fill there spots with the better guys and when they are performing ten times better its easy for you to show them the stats.

nblase1

Manager
Talked to the majority of the team yesterday, everyone seemed on the same page about keeping the guys on the league team and then replacing them on a tournament team.

Thanks for the input fellas.

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
Start cutting players and all of a sudden the game isn't fun anymore. Not to mention that you yourself have to start being on P's and Q's because what if the team decides to get together and want to cut you? Why not just keep them around. They may not mind being benched and you never know when you might need them. You should keep stats and whoever is sucking at the time ride the bench. Unless those guys really suck, Ie. can't even throw to a cutoff or from 1st to third, or can't hit out of the infield

Luda1468

Addicted to Softballfans
This exact same thing happened to my team our first season. We were terrible and I mean terrible we won 1 game the first season it was ridiculous but we put the team together to drink and have fun. Luckily for us all of our friends that werent very good quit and we have been just replacing people as they leave so we didn't have to cut any friends.

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
If the intention is playing C with the goal of eventually moving to B and making a conference team, then you gotta be realistic and level with everyone. If he is trying to win at D or E selling out your friends is pretty ****ty. It's far more satisfying being the underdog and winning a tournament with buds you've been competing with for years then going in with a bunch of free agents or ringers when winning is expected. Or worse yet, not winning, and have to deal with a ton of drama about who is to blame and who should be cut to make the ultimate D team ever ;).

love to know what d and e tournaments youre playing in wisconsin bro!!! got 6 guys on my team that played pro baseball and were an e team. and were all in our late 20s / early 30s so its not like were playing softball for the first time ... things must be way different out there !!

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
love to know what d and e tournaments youre playing in wisconsin bro!!! got 6 guys on my team that played pro baseball and were an e team. and were all in our late 20s / early 30s so its not like were playing softball for the first time ... things must be way different out there !!

LOL. Whatever man and it's MN by the way. I notice you got a USSSA bat, go play C worlds then. Last year 3 teams in MN finished 5-2 or better in C worlds. In D, most NY teams went 0-2 or 1-2, a couple were 2-2. 6 MN teams were 4-2 or better. If you are as good as you think you are, enter C worlds this year and try your luck.

I'm not going to diss NY. It's the birthplace of baseball / softball and it's still very popular there. From what I hear from guys who played ball in NY say that most of the excellent teams play modified pitch in either slinging or non slinging leagues.