Where does he rank???

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
Primo and I have had a discussion on a different board about all time college basketball teams. Tyler Hansbrough made mine and he disagreed. So where does he rank to you and why?

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
I get why people discredit him. But it very hard for me to not have him on my list. Only 11 people in the history of the NCAA scored more points than him. He was awkward but dominated the game for the better part of 4 years. Googled him just for ****s and gigs and his awards and accomplishments are pretty crazy.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
not exactly how it went down......what i said was, I ahve no problems w/ someone listing him as one of the greatest college basketball players of all time but if he's on your 5 and your team has to play my 5, i will never lose.....

if you wanna know why, i'd take guys like Wilt, Lew, Duncan, Russel etc......Hansborough would get completely dominated. He may have had the best college career of all 4 of them but that doesnt' mean he's a better player

hedge

life takes guts
he would get dominated playing against an elite center. shaq would have murdered him in college.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
he would get dominated playing against an elite center. shaq would have murdered him in college.

i get it that we called it an "all collegiate team" but the fact he can't crack the lineup in the nba playing against guys who played in college pretty much seals it...

he was really good against guy who weren't better than him......and he works his dog ass off of and he had a great great college career......but my team would win because of him

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
he plays against elite every night.......when he comes off the bench

I agree he hasnt had the success he had in college in the nba. That happens I guess. But he's not Terrible either. 11 and 6 or something like that. Jj red**** is one of the best shooters to ever play college basketball, but not really a factor in the nba. My thoughts are completely based on college.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
I agree he hasnt had the success he had in college in the nba. That happens I guess. But he's not Terrible either. 11 and 6 or something like that. Jj red**** is one of the best shooters to ever play college basketball, but not really a factor in the nba. My thoughts are completely based on college.

why aren't they factors in teh nba???

OTech

Ambisinister Pitcher
Per Wikipedia, the only NCAA record he holds is free throws made. That's not all time worthy.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Why isn't jj red**** a factor in the nba??? My guess is he is undersized

undersized against whom?? a bunch of other guys who played in college?

jjre**** and tyler thrived in college because their glaring lack of athletcisim wasn't a factor getting to play against guys who weren't good enoguh to make the league.....guys who weren't twice as quick as them....or bigger, faster, stronger and more skilled.....

in this argument, Hansboroguh doesn't ahve the luxury of playing against inferior comp

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
undersized against whom?? a bunch of other guys who played in college?

jjre**** and tyler thrived in college because their glaring lack of athletcisim wasn't a factor getting to play against guys who weren't good enoguh to make the league.....guys who weren't twice as quick as them....or bigger, faster, stronger and more skilled.....

in this argument, Hansboroguh doesn't ahve the luxury of playing against inferior comp

There is no argument there. I agree he is not a good nba player. I'm talking college careers. I get it and agree he is not nba elite. What's the point of repeating it?

Primo

fat and famous pablo
There is no argument there. I agree he is not a good nba player. I'm talking college careers. I get it and agree he is not nba elite. What's the point of repeating it?

because you keep saying he wouldn't get dominated by the same guys who are currently dominating him......

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
because you keep saying he wouldn't get dominated by the same guys who are currently dominating him......

In college they would have dominated him? He was never dominated in college. Not today, in college.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
ummmm yes.....shaq and duncan and wilt and Lew would have absolutely dominated him

Agree to disagree I guess. They're all great but so was he in my mind. But I also think shaq is and was a terrible basketball player. But was absolutely dominant within 6 feet of the rim. He was great at being huge and using his size and athletic ability to dunk. Had no other basketball skill. He was a pretty good passer I guess.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Agree to disagree I guess. They're all great but so was he in my mind.

so what happened between the time he played his last game his senior year and the time he was drafted and all of a sudden became irrelevant???

granted...not everyone in the nba played in the NCAA but a large percentage of them did and a ton of the 4's did.....they're way WAY better than him in the NBA and you're claiming those same guys weren't better in college?

Marshenko

Well... when you play basically the most games all-time and stick around for 4 years when all of the best players are leaving college after their freshman and sophomore years... yeah.