whey isolate

Steve2517

Addicted to Softballfans
I have been searching and searching for a whey isolate that is only flavored with natural vanilla or even regular sugar. I have crohns disease and have had all kinds of issues with protein in the paSt. Isopure seems quite promising but as soon as added the one with "natural vanilla" that immidietly added about 20 ingredients. Please anyone with knowledge break this down. Thanks to anyone.

desperados

Addicted to Softballfans
NOW Sports makes a Whey Protein Isolate that is unflavored and contains no sugar, you can add flavor of some yourself if this would help. I use unsweetened almond milk and it is fine to drink.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
True Nutrition has isolates and have natural flavor options. The natural flavors only have natural flavoring and coloring, stevia, and maltodextrin. Also when you buy two pounds of protein plus flavoring they don't give you 2 pounds of powder and some of it's protein and some of it's flavoring. They give you 2 pounds of protein and add flavoring to it.

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
I'm not completely up to par on Crohns, but what about non-dairy sourced protein powders ? Soy, hemp, rice, etc. ?

hedge

life takes guts
Dairy usually doesn't have a huge effect, but each persons trouble foods are different

dafox

Fox in Socks
AllMax Nutrition makes an Iso with Natural Vanilla

And Jay Robb has an Iso Whey Protein in Vanilla

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^Very nutty flavor. I use it with almond milk and it's pretty good. Better in smoothies. No go with just water in my opinion. Def fills ya up tho.

Steve2517

Addicted to Softballfans
Has anyone by chance heard of a company called tgs nutrition ?they natural unflavored protein seems to have great reviews online for digestibility. Thanks to everyone for the great replies. Zionnutrition loOKs very promising also. Just expensive for me. Thanks though.

dafox

Fox in Socks
Just an FYI... but the 20 added ingredients in the Natural Isopure are just vitamins/minerals

For example :

Beta-carotene = Vit A

pyridoxine = B6

thiamine hydrochloride = B1

riboflavin = B2

D alpha tocopherol succinate = Vit E

Kelp = Iodine

Last edited:

Billo405

Addicted to Softballfans
I take NZ 7000 Whey Protein 5lb from protein factory dot com. MUCH better quality than the other crap at GNC and such....

Nothing but whey from grass fed cows grown without hormones.