Which Ball: Worth ASA Hot Dot or Worth Gold Dot?

DR32

Extra Hitter
I'm on the board for a large / national church tournament that is run over Labor Day weekend, and we are trying to decide on the ball for this year. It is a co-sanctioned tournament - ASA and GSL; so we can pick either the Worth ASA Hot Dot or the Worth Gold Dot Extreme. What are the pros and cons?

FYI, both ASA and GSL approved bats are legal for the tournament.

Country469

Hot dots for safety

Gold dot extreme for performance

If its church, and truly church level, hot dots

DR32

Extra Hitter
I wouldn't say it's truly "church level" as several of the top teams in the tournament would be considered C or D sanctioned U-Trip teams. We would be looking more for performance as the Hot Dot in the past turns to mush with in two innings. (Each game only starts with two new balls...it's not supply your own)

Hot dots for safety

Gold dot extreme for performance

If its church, and truly church level, hot dots

DR32

Extra Hitter
Unfortunately, we have the parks being utilized purchase the balls and they agree to keep any of the unused balls....Strictly a financial decision.

SammyJaxxx

Starting Player
I wouldn't say it's truly "church level" as several of the top teams in the tournament would be considered C or D sanctioned U-Trip teams. We would be looking more for performance as the Hot Dot in the past turns to mush with in two innings. (Each game only starts with two new balls...it's not supply your own)
You have used the hot dots before and you are not happy with them. Why bother asking the question? Use the Gold dots.

DR32

Extra Hitter
Because we have not used the Gold Dots... Simple question of "Is the performance of the Gold Dots better than the Hot Dots?"

You have used the hot dots before and you are not happy with them. Why bother asking the question? Use the Gold dots.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
IMO Hot Dots outfly gold dots in most conditions. Only time Gold Dots fly further is when its cold. In heat, the .52 300 balls always do very well.

Country469

they can use utrip bats too, but I do agree and if I was the TD I'd make them hit the dot all day long.

And yes, the freak 30 got put up after blowing 2 out oppo on accident. Whooops sorry guys

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
they can use utrip bats too, but I do agree and if I was the TD I'd make them hit the dot all day long.
And yes, the freak 30 got put up after blowing 2 out oppo on accident. Whooops sorry guys
Yeah, but if it's an ASA gsl tourny I assume they'll have some teams that only play ASA and might not have other bats.

Legit accidents. I don't think I've hit any this year, but I hit too many last year.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
He obviously wanted any and all feedback in addition to performance question.