Which Bat Pack?

lx_2nv

Coach
TYJA Player Pack at $38 or Combat Wheeled Back Pack for $48? Want to stay under $50 and hold 4 bats if possible. The Combat is cool that there is actually 2 bags, but can the wheeled bag act as a back pack as well? There was no clear description on the website.

Which is the best bang for the buck?

Thanks!

ogsoftballplaye

Best batpack in the game pretty much bro. Plenty of room and very good bags. I just sold one b/c I have a LS Series 9 batpack. I kind of regret it now though as the clip/strap where the bag hangs onto the fence at just broke.

lx_2nv

Coach
Ive looked at the Boombahs as well. On a side note they have some sick looking hoodies in their INK collection. I may have to order one! lol

MaverickAH

TYJA Player Pack at $38 or Combat Wheeled Back Pack for $48? Want to stay under $50 and hold 4 bats if possible. The Combat is cool that there is actually 2 bags, but can the wheeled bag act as a back pack as well? There was no clear description on the website.

Which is the best bang for the buck?

Thanks!

Just bought the Combat last week the backpack straps for the wheeled unit are behind a zippered compartment. There are also two J Hooks (plastic :() for hanging in the same compartment. Neither feature is described on the website.

My only criticism would be that the design of the system for carrying bats is weak. It's adequate but could definitely be more robust. I like the system that Miken & Demarini use better. I will be using the bag for my umpiring gear so I really won't need to carry bats thus it works for me. The extra room the Combat provides is what I needed. If I didn't need the extra room, I'd have probably gone with a Miken Freak XL.

The Mobile Edge has no wheels & hold 3 bats. It's also expensive but I haven't seen one in person to judge whether it's worth the price. The lifetime warranty is a powerful draw though.

I do have Anderson (og model) & Chita backpacks. Both hold 4 bats & are nicely built (the Anderson better than the Chita). The plastic used in the base & back of both could be more substantial but that's fixable if you're handy. The Anderson also has a topside compartment that the Chita doesn't have & the ME is probably more similar to it.

lx_2nv

Coach
Thanks Mav!!! You have helped me a bunch, Combat is ruled out. Liking the Diamond, but will research the Anderson!

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
I've had my diamond ix3 for a few years now. constant use and has no rips or problems. I like how the bat holsters are separated and cover the whole barrel of the bat.

I've had my boombah super pack for 1 season now. It's held up nicely with league 1 to 2 nights a week and tourneys 2or 3 times a month.

cyber2nd

Luv the Stars n Stripes
The Mobile Edge has no wheels & hold 3 bats. It's also expensive but I haven't seen one in person to judge whether it's worth the price. The lifetime warranty is a powerful draw though.

I really like my Mobile Edge, bought it off of Amazon in Oct for less than $55 shipped.

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
Diamond IX-3 is what I got last year. Excellent bag and I don't have ANY regrets. I got mine for $60 and after using it, I would have been fine paying $75. I carried 3 Gloves, two pair of shoes (size 10), 2 bats (bag holds four though), and tons of misc stuff (sunglasses, writstbands, 2 water bottles, wallet/phone/keys, batting gloves, that wax, bug spray, pens, seeds, extra shirts, tape, etc) while keeping it organized and not smashing anything without a problem.

Skov18

Stuck in E Ball
The Diamond iX3 and Boombah Superpack are easily the best two backpacks out there. I've had both and personally I prefer the Superpack. I've had it for two years now and it's held up great. Holds just as much stuff as any roller bag I've ever had. Absolutely love the Superpack.

lx_2nv

Coach
I wish I had man - I just checked and its now $60. UGHHHH!!! Guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for another deal.

spartyfaith

Addicted to Softballfans
Out of those two I would go with the TYJA nice simple bat pack and very functional. Anderson has more compartments but gets real heavy when loaded up. Diamond looks nice as well, wonder if it gets as heavy as Anderson bag