Which is better

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
I've only swung the OG 12" it's one of my top 5 Sr. bats. Hope to swing the new 2 pc. soon to determine if it's better.

Last edited:

FIZGIG

Dead fish go with the flow!!!!
Og orange is badass but it breaks way too easy. Im a big barrel adidas guys cause they dont break. The og dudley is the best 12" out there cause they last forever and are hawt as shiot.

Last edited:

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Og orange is badass but it breaks way too easy. Im a big barrel adidas guys cause they dont break. The og dudley is the best 12" out there cause they last forever and are hawt as shiot.
Yep have a OG 12" and the 2.0.

Batalot

I have a question regarding the Melee. I tried a friends Melee 2, the 16 I beleive, gray with lime green trim. It was a 28 but swung very light. I normally can barely swing a 26 EL but this one was very easy to swing. Do they all swing light and should I just go with a 27?

Dogue

Evil Genius
If you swing heavier EL bats that list isn't accurate, IMO. All of those bats have great pop but a couple have too much handle weight on the heavier models. I'd agree with #2 & 5 being on that list though.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
None of the manufacturers are going heavier than 1 oz on the end of bats. I think the Big Cat has the most weight on the end and thats all yer gonna get. Beyond that they load handles.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
If you swing heavier EL bats that list isn't accurate, IMO. All of those bats have great pop but a couple have too much handle weight on the heavier models. I'd agree with #2 & 5 being on that list though.
Yea I thought the 25.5 reloaded had a mucher better endloaded feel than the 26.5 27.5 did.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I have been really happy with the swing weight of the 27 1 piece 12. I had a 28 for a while on the premise the extra oz might add a few feet but it didnt. Probably cause the weight was in the handle.

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
on the 12" Orange Adidas I would swing a 28oz early on and then go to a 27oz after game 4 in a tourney

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
The 27 just seems perfect for me. I dont get to hit often from September to April, I go weeks without touching a bat then get down to Florida and hit. That makes it like a restart each time I go down cause Im not good enough to go without hitting for weeks and still be good. I seem to find my swing quickly with that 27 even though its a short barrel.

Killarney

Where are the OG Dudley and 2.0.?
He removed bats from this list that you could no longer buy with ease. I think he may have an ongoing all time hottest bat list but I'm too lazy to find a link. I would guess the new dudleys will shake up this list when updated again.

FIZGIG

Dead fish go with the flow!!!!
If anyone wants an og really really really bad i will sell my og 12" lightning 29oz for $275 delivered.

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
I think this list will change quite a bit when Dave gets done reviewing some of the 2019 bats.
Maybe? I say only the HOTW bats and does he "likes a lot" the Adidas models. Yesterday I got to hit BP w/my new 60's team in sunny Yorba Linda, CA, there was the new Mikens JB 26OZ & the Bigcat 27OZ & an LC 27OZ Tried them all and I was not overly dazzled. Right now it's the Adidas & Dudleys being the go-to Sr. bats...

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Cat, Naples is 90% Adidas but surprisingly when I was there last week I didnt see many of the 2 piece at all

Last edited:

camjo23

Addicted to Softballfans
When the new Dudley 2pc comes out...if the retail bat is the same as the demo....everyone will want them....the weight is in the end...not the handle and are the hottest bats I've swung....

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
It will be interesting to see how well a hot outta the wrapper bat will last with a heavier endload against 44-375+ balls