which miken

04z

Star Player
Im sure this question has been asked many times before so feel free to flame away.

Anyhow new to the forum and have done some reading and am looking at getting another Miken. I havent swung a lot of different bats as I've always been partial to my OG Freak (28 oz). Looking at a handful of different ones and was looking for some opinions. I know they're all good bats just not sure if one will be similar to the OG Freak and how much it would take to break each in. I only place a doubleheader a week and dont get many chances to do much BP. Thinking with the maxloads that I will drop an oz or two.

MV-1
DC Psycho
MV-3 (not really into this one as much after doing some reading)
Psycho SE

TheBatman42

No more MV1 Threads!
how is the MV-1, dc psycho or se psycho out of the wrapper?

ANY of these choices are great. They all have a very similar feel. The MV1 will take 300-500 to break in to peak performance. The DC and SE are hot out of the wrapper and open up greatly in less than 200 hits.

jseif13

I see you....
Im sure this question has been asked many times before so feel free to flame away.

Anyhow new to the forum and have done some reading and am looking at getting another Miken. I havent swung a lot of different bats as I've always been partial to my OG Freak (28 oz). Looking at a handful of different ones and was looking for some opinions. I know they're all good bats just not sure if one will be similar to the OG Freak and how much it would take to break each in. I only place a doubleheader a week and dont get many chances to do much BP. Thinking with the maxloads that I will drop an oz or two.

MV-1
DC Psycho
Psycho SE

Psycho Supermax or MV1, the MV1 has a much softer barrel than the Psycho

This. I have one in the selling/trading section I'll send you for $150 shipped. It is pretty much game ready and will last forever.

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=975038

Kevenvy

Senior Bra Fitter
I like balanced and failed when trying to swing lighter endloads. Imo, I would try a friends EL bat first.

eolivares1976

LA Lawmen
OG Psycho for a nice cracking sound. MV1 for a softer feel. Both are great in performance. OG Psycho is a bit better in durability. MY .02

since you play only once a week and dont have much time for
bp I would get a very used freak+. They can be had for $100
here and come already broken in.

bfn18

Addicted to Softballfans
I have swung all bats but the psycho se and I think the og psycho beats them all hands down. But I do not think you will be disappointed with any off those bats, there MIKENS!!!!!

bighof

boo-woop
search function is broke!!!!!!! is the Freak LE similar (like it is supposed to be) to the OG freak.... I am sure this is covered many times but I keep getting database error when I search. my OG freak is on its last leg so I am shopping for one but the Freak LE is significantly cheaper. LMK if anybody has both and done a bp session to compare.

leftyphive

The Veteran
MV-1
DC Psycho
Psycho SE

I swing a 27oz mv-1 maxload, and I must say it is the best bat I have swung. Out the wrapper I was taking balls out. Pick one up, you won't regret it.