Which Replacement?

Rog

Addicted to Softballfans
the combat section has been pretty quiet lately.
i have a cracked wanted that is coming up on the one year warranty. they offered the new asa wanted, derby boy, or protent as a return. i've been away from the forums for a bit and don't know what the best option would be. the wanted was pretty good but it never wow'd me like others members taled about on here. the EL was heavy and i never got the timing for it.
i'm set on a one piece so that leaves me with the derby boy and protent. have you guys heard of any comparisons between the 2? obviously balance vs end load, but hopefully i get pointed in the right direction by the combatants!!

hollywood9826

The Veteran
To me and others will disagree. DB and Portent only difference seems to be the handle stiffness. They are both similarly balanced with a slight endload. I prefer the Portents myself because the stiffness.

If you liked everything else about your Wanted but the end load I would say Portent, as the stiffness will be closer to Wanted. If not go DB.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
I would ask for another Wanted..................or whine, beg, grovel, for a BHOSE. I have very limited swings on the Portent, so I cannot speak for it.

but that is just me.

Last edited:

Fuzz

Extra Hitter
To me and others will disagree. DB and Portent only difference seems to be the handle stiffness. They are both similarly balanced with a slight endload. I prefer the Portents myself because the stiffness.

If you liked everything else about your Wanted but the end load I would say Portent, as the stiffness will be closer to Wanted. If not go DB.

I agree. DB has only a slight el & feels more like a 2 piece than the wanted. Portent & DB both feel light to me. I usually swing 28-30 EL bats.

Rog

Addicted to Softballfans
Portent it is. Is it safe to say I should go down an oz with the infamous swing weight?

ATL Rookie

Manager
Mine was right on weight and swung really light. Wish I would have gone up an oz, maybe I would have liked it more.

hollywood9826

The Veteran
Portent it is. Is it safe to say I should go down an oz with the infamous swing weight?

No Need.

If you swing 28s go 28.

My 27 scaled at 27. Hits and swings like a 27 should. Its webbed up like the ****ens and spewing fire coated laser beams all over the place.