which stick would be an equivalent of

TRaj2327

Didn't consider the fact that it was a 1-piece since basically nobody makes them anymore. My suggestion then is to get over it. 2-piece is the way it is now. Years ago people ripped DeMarini because they didn't make 1-piece bats and 2-piece was a dying breed. Now look what happened....

Only other things that come to mind are the older DC41s and KF30.

Last edited:

dunkky

lol. actually, i am a two piece guy and have swung xxl as well as O2 carbon. all two pieces with an 1oz endload. they are all great bats with great pop. Recently, i acquired, an awakening and it really feels good. I also liked bombardier too as well which i traded for DC41. If bombardier had 1oz endload, that would be like awakening. Anyway, I began to think maybe i like a stiff handle once piece bat more. So, i like to try more one piece ver of utrip bat that swings similar to awakening. i won't be playing asa this fall, only utrip. maybe a few asa pickup games.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
lol. actually, i am a two piece guy and have swung xxl as well as O2 carbon. all two pieces with an 1oz endload. they are all great bats with great pop. Recently, i acquired, an awakening and it really feels good. I also liked bombardier too as well which i traded for DC41. If bombardier had 1oz endload, that would be like awakening. Anyway, I began to think maybe i like a stiff handle once piece bat more. So, i like to try more one piece ver of utrip bat that swings similar to awakening. i won't be playing asa this fall, only utrip. maybe a few asa pickup games.

The omega 2 carbon has a .5 el and that comes straight from Gary. I dont know why everyone continues to insist it has a full oz. I had one of the first ones and it did not have a full oz el.

r8dr_rider

Try an Easton Wegman or Salvo

Everyone hates them but I have both an ASA and UTrip and after some BP and patience they are smoking hot.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Didn't consider the fact that it was a 1-piece since basically nobody makes them anymore. My suggestion then is to get over it. 2-piece is the way it is now.

^^^ This.

There are 1 and 2 piece bats that are stiff and responsive and there are 1 and 2 piece bats that are soft feeling. Feel isn't related to whether a bat is 1 or 2 pieces anymore.

Try an Easton Wegman or Salvo

Everyone hates them but I have both an ASA and UTrip and after some BP and patience they are smoking hot.

I have a '17 Wegman utrip and it's right on par with Legits, Freaks, and DC's.

dunkky

The omega 2 carbon has a .5 el and that comes straight from Gary. I dont know why everyone continues to insist it has a full oz. I had one of the first ones and it did not have a full oz el.

hmm.. i am swinging carbon and phenix side by side. there's no question, carbon has more endload. is phenix balance bat then? i thought that one has .5 endload. i've swung purple xxl, dc41 both sledge hammers. carbon feels very close if not equal.

I'll keep in mind about 17 wegmen. thanks.

r8dr_rider

I have both 1 and 2 pc. The reason I like the 1 pc is if I hit near the handle it still gives a good dinger. 2 pc not so much. To me bats are like guns. You can never have too many and you should always have a variety.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
hmm.. i am swinging carbon and phenix side by side. there's no question, carbon has more endload. is phenix balance bat then? i thought that one has .5 endload. i've swung purple xxl, dc41 both sledge hammers. carbon feels very close if not equal.

I'll keep in mind about 17 wegmen. thanks.

However. Gary told me its was a .5 el, maybe its more. Seemed accurate as far as my carbon went

jkwoody22

League ball huer
I think the endloads are the same, but the carbon feels heavier because of the composite handle, all the weight is in the barrel, lighter handle, they are heavier in their weight size ie 26 weighs closer to 27 etc, that could be the issue, hold a deuce and it feels like a 1oz to me, but again it could be the lighter composite handle

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I think the endloads are the same, but the carbon feels heavier because of the composite handle, all the weight is in the barrel, lighter handle, they are heavier in their weight size ie 26 weighs closer to 27 etc, that could be the issue, hold a deuce and it feels like a 1oz to me, but again it could be the lighter composite handle

I have a 28 oz. Juice and a 28 oz. Green Deuce. Both swing like a sledgehammer.