white combat

saddlebrookrick

The Veteran
So far I have put 60 easy swings on my new white combat and approx. 75 hard and right now I prefer my grey combat. I purchased a28oz and wish I would have got a 27. Maybe it has not opened up yet, but so far I am not impressed-- I will be hitting it some more this Sat. so maybe it will open up more, I do know the sound has not changed yet so more than likely its not broken in yet. Will report again later.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
So far I have put 60 easy swings on my new white combat and approx. 75 hard and right now I prefer my grey combat. I purchased a28oz and wish I would have got a 27. Maybe it has not opened up yet, but so far I am not impressed-- I will be hitting it some more this Sat. so maybe it will open up more, I do know the sound has not changed yet so more than likely its not broken in yet. Will report again later.

Very well could be its not opened up yet or maybe loosing a little bat speed if you feel it is to heavy.Mine is right now my favorite SR bat.

Last edited:

saddlebrookrick

The Veteran
Hit the combat again Sat. and it opened up alittle more my new 27oz reebok is hitting farther already with 60 hard hits on it, but I bet the combat will last longer and will open up soon.

saddlebrookrick

The Veteran
Friend and I both ordered 28oz white combat and he weighed his and said it was within one tenth oz of his 28oz red ultra and he would use the combat in bp and save his u2 for games only because they now break with him much easier than they use to. His last red ultra lasted maybe 60 hits and in bp he has already got 150 hits on his white combat and it seems to not be broken in yet.

ultras usally weigh 1oz heavy my 26oz black/actually weighs 27oz can you find out what the wieght is on the white combat?

saddlebrookrick

The Veteran
His white combat was ordered as a 28oz and he said it was within one tenth oz.of that. I have no idea what type of scales he used or the accuracy of them. His red ultra is 28oz el. The white combat is also end loaded as all of them are. Hope that helps.

saddlebrookrick

The Veteran
I have hit my white combat 2 more bp sessions and now I have approx. 175 hits on it. Today it outhit my new reebok that has approx. 75 hits on it. I have not noticed any sound change on the combat yet, when it does I think it will really be hot.

ffdonnie

Addicted to Softballfans
Just swung a white centenarian today and I am very impressed. And I don't like combats...well used to not like combats.
Very nice feel swinging, and feel off the barrel.
Great pop. This bat was too heavy for me, but distance was almost there with my reebok.
Small knob is nice, feels like the reebok.
The only complaint is the paint was flying all over. It didn't adhere to the bat properly but I'm sure the manufacture will take care of it.
If it holds up, it will probably be the best bat out there. Wish I had a 26 for a proper comparison, but this 28 really didn't feel that heavy, not like the black one I tried last year. Completely different.
No one was swing their ultras today to compare, too cold. But I guess that's saying something.
We'll see but first impression, very nice bat.

hit mine yesterday for some real bp(instead of hitting off a tee)and liked it.sweet spot is small tho,but i still hit a couple out and line drives were going pretty good thru the inf........

weownthegame

Banned User
I guess I would have to swing the white, Just picked up another yellow. The yellow one is a beast. has anybody swung both yet?

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
No Pm, No phone calls... No hassle, NO DRAMA!!!
Just get the bat you wanted simple and easy.
http://www.evilsports.com/xevil/product.php?productid=16221&cat=250&page=1
CENSP1.jpg

Last edited:

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
These are Extra End loads;) Just kidding
Thanks for checking, that weight is just for our shopping cart shipping calculator.

leftyodoul

Addicted to Softballfans
White bat

Your website claims 26.8% improved durability. Compared to what? Is this bat any different than the one Kevin is selling? I only got 60 swings out of the one I got from him. I wouldn't call that improved durability. It's still a "no warranty" bat.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I didnt invent this bat, it was designed and built by Combat. Being its the 2nd edition I would expect they have engineered Out any flaws that surfaced in the first batch.
Time will tell.

ritter69

Addicted to Softballfans
I prefer the small knob bats -- I have two already -- no problems at all. Outstanding bat!! No performance/durability issues. would not hestitate to buy another small knob.. My 2 cents

birm16

Nats Jersey IJS
lack of business ethics amazes me.

Ditto......

Hell i dont think anyone has bashed buggs on this site more then i have over the past couple years. So wtf are you guys talking about. He responded in a thread to a site that sells them. its not like sbf sells these bats. and dont have to pm someone to get a price which is suppose to be illegal anyway. amazing how saint sucks from the teat that is tattooball. ever since tattoball broke away i have yet to see buggs start a thread bashing tattoo. but yet this douche always was like call me if you want the real story of bobby buggs. he didnt want to type it to anyone cause he didnt want to get in trouble for slander.
And tattoodouche if you want 2 talk about business ethics what about your sig?

Last edited:

birm16

Nats Jersey IJS
I prefer the small knob bats -- I have two already -- no problems at all. Outstanding bat!! No performance/durability issues. would not hestitate to buy another small knob.. My 2 cents

ya im sure youre the norm I heard easton, worth and others are rushing to make small knob bats. if that was the case anderson would own more of the market.

ritter69

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought this thread started out about comments about the new White combat. But I can see that somehow it has turned into personal attacks, if someone expresses their opinion. My comments were about my experience with this bat as many issues have been expressed. Yes I do like this bat and I have used every senior bat for the last 10 years. The knob is important to me as it fits better, when you drop a finger. I didn't know we were talking about any other bat besides the 10 inch white combats. That was how this thread started -- durability/performance opinions of the white combat.