Who else plays in shorts??

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
Anybody in here rock shorts while they play? I will only play in shorts. During late spring ball it's still in the upper 80s when we play, even at night. No way I can wear pants.

I see a lot of people who play regularly only playing in pants. Just curious to see who's with me and who's against me.

Iknight1

Addicted to Softballfans
I always play in shorts. I live in south Florida so pants get pretty hot. Only crappy part is when you have to slide. Can take the skin right off your legs.

BamZam

Star Player
i wear both depending on weather and fields. if the fields are that bad i like to wear pants to not tear up a knee. but if its warm enough shorts feel great.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
I just put a sock on (Chili Peppers style) & call it a day. Chicks digit!

but seriously, always wear shorts here. It reminds me to never slide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pants only w/ sliding pad unless playing coed. Shorts are definately more comfortable but I like to push the envelope when base running, so mainly pants. Tired of my knee sticking to pants and bed sheets after getting all torn up.

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
In the 2 leagues up here, I'm one of the few that plays in pants.

Last edited:

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
I always play in shorts. I live in south Florida so pants get pretty hot. Only crappy part is when you have to slide. Can take the skin right off your legs.

Not sure if in my 7 years of playing softball if I've ever considered sliding. I may dive for a ground ball on rare occasion but sliding is out of the question.

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
I tore up my shins too many times over the years. I started wearing pants everygame a few years ago. Even if its in the 90, being a little hot it better than having my work pants get all puss/blood stained on monday.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I've always played in padded pants only, I can't stand sliding in shorts. Did that enough when I was a kid.......

BUT my LD just announced no stealing so....... I guess I could get away with shorts if I wanted to and just run the bases with caution. But it doesn't get too terribly hot here, so I'll probably just stick with pants

dj714

Addicted to Softballfans
I lol everytime i see someone on the field with baseball pants to play softball.

thebestpr21

Addicted to Softballfans
I do both...usually start tourneys in shorts and change to pants when bracket play starts in case I need to slide....no sliding when wearing shorts here...I think that's dumb...unless you have some sort of sliding kneepads...

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Shorts, I don't slide. Wear pin striped pants around here and you just earned yourself the name Baseball Pants and every comment coming your way is prefaced with "Hey Baseball Pants......." Regular baseball pants are fine, no pinstripes though.