Who here swings shaved bats on the reg

dubblrest1985

Starting Player
Called in a few ringers (to us anyways beer leaguers anyways) Last year in a make up game. Guy was carrying a NIW Green/White Worth Legit 5 minutes before his at bat (he was lead off) Takes the wrapper off goes up to the plate and puts it into the trees left center. I've played for 3 years now, hit 1 homerun in the first 2 years, hit 3 with that bat in two games. No idea if it was shaved or not but my teammate bought it off of him and isn't having much luck lol.

I've never swung one can't say that I will, in a game. Asa bats these days are lights out, if you know how to swing.

dubblrest1985

Starting Player
Lol^^ never! I started a fall ball league last year that appointed their own bats. I asked my buddy who got me playing why... Shaved/altered bats.

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol^^ never! I started a fall ball league last year that appointed their own bats. I asked my buddy who got me playing why... Shaved/altered bats.

In Canada the biggest events for us are the Northern Shootout (SPN Canadian Championships) and the Softball Canada Canadian Championships (a 8 day event with the best teams in the country) both of these tournaments are bat provided off the fence and they are all brand new at the start of each event. We also use 52/300's for these events.

This is used to ensure a level playing field for all teams and all players.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
In Canada the biggest events for us are the Northern Shootout (SPN Canadian Championships) and the Softball Canada Canadian Championships (a 8 day event with the best teams in the country) both of these tournaments are bat provided off the fence and they are all brand new at the start of each event. We also use 52/300's for these events.

This is used to ensure a level playing field for all teams and all players.

Those crafty Canadians....................Polite even when suspecting people of being cheaters.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Having to swing brand new bats all the time is not as much fun for us mortals.

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
OYf7e5F.jpg

Remember this gem

Rdd/Easton 10

The Veteran
Warpath back is Def good. I myself took a break from this place for a while and came back last month and this place is dead from what it use to be!!! Welcome back Nick....artist formerly known as creative10;) Could use a new dancing pre or post game party video...lol

stork

This place is dead cuz all you ****ers left. At least I will blame all of you so that I don't have to accept responsibility.

hey, that last part kind of ties in with the thread.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I been back, kinda like smoking, hard habit to break. Defiantly a diff crowd, jusy gives me some newbs to go off on........

eviladams

All hail Megatron.....
All that swung around here is shaved. Unless it's an aluminum only ASA league. Every game looks like a homerun derby.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
I would never swing a shaver or a bat that would even come close to passing a compression test. Because I have selective integrity.

stork

If I have a legit bat that barely passes compression that I have been swinging all along? Game on bitches.

Dhrae

8========D~~~O-:
if you hit bombs, your bat is shaved
if you hit harder than me, your bat is shaved
if you run faster than me, your bat is shaved

addicted2bats

Are these really as big a deal with the .52's though? Call me naive, but I thought the .52 was supposed to substantially decrease the advantage offered by swinging glass?