Why do most people play softball in running shoes?

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
I would throw all my turfs and molded cleats in the trash if I could still wear metal spikes. But since I can't, all things considered, I'll stick with the spike 9's over molded turfs.

I ain't wearing any of these goofy looking quasi trail-running whatever shoes though. ya'll have fun with that.

Brueggs

Manager
I wear what is comfortable. I play outfield and have no trouble getting great traction in my Boombahs. To each their own, like anything else in Softball.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
You're fooling yourself if you think you get as much grip with turf shoes as spikes. Unless you play on concrete.

If people could get as much grip from turf shoes as spikes major league baseball players would wear turfs during games.

It sounds like the early consensus is that people prefer comfort over performance.

Fooling ourselves? I'll tell you right now that my 9-Spike Blasts and MoFos easily give me as much traction on dirt and in grass as any cleats I've ever owned. Sounds like you've never worn turfs. Have you?

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
The day I wear turf, running, or trail shoes on the softball field, is the day that I'm either a permanent catcher or EH or if I happen to be at a field in my street clothes and someone asks me to pick up. Even then, I usually have my softball stuff in the trunk

Why? All I can offer is my experience. In my experience, I have never had an issue with turfs in the OF or running the bases. Infinitely more comfortable with great traction.

Ben_Johnson41

The Gr8est Show on Dirt™
I get better traction in both the infield and outfield in any weather with my Vigor 2's than I ever did with cleats. Better function + better comfort...don't knock it til you've tried it.

Danny Kaffee

Extra Hitter
Why do you care so much what kind of shoes other people wear.

Why do you care that I care?

I had no idea that the running shoe guys were so sensitive. I would think that people who spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars to find a bat that will help them hit a ball 3 feet further would want shoes that give them maximum performance rather than something "comfy."

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar

I had no idea that the running shoe guys were so sensitive. I would think that people who spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars to find a bat that will help them hit a ball 3 feet further would want shoes that give them maximum performance rather than something "comfy."

Trollolololol

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
You're fooling yourself if you think you get as much grip with turf shoes as spikes. Unless you play on concrete.

If people could get as much grip from turf shoes as spikes major league baseball players would wear turfs during games.

It sounds like the early consensus is that people prefer comfort over performance.

You'd be surprised how many guys wear turfs in the big leagues.

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans

Why do you care that he cares that you care?

Have you tried the new super cleats with hooks on the bottom and ****ing jets on the back? If not, then you aren't getting maximum performance out of your softball footwear either.