Why do people take coed softball so seriously?

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
end thread/

there won't be a single post in this thread that makes more sense

The point isnt about losing or winning...i agree if your out there you should try to win. Its the attitudes and macho bs that get me. GUys that would otherwise be cool guys to play with in mens tournaments that turn out to be absolute punks in front of women when playing coed.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I don't take coed seriously........Not as seriously as I take my own expectations of my performance and execution for myself.

DemPhenom

I don't take coed seriously........Not as seriously as I take my own expectations of my performance and execution for myself.

I think there might be some confusion here on what taking it too serious is.

most of us will play hard, do it what it takes to win etc.

I think the "take it to serious" people are those who for example:

1. sprint to first like its a 100m race when the ball was hit to left field.
2. slide at home when there is no play.
3. dive in the outfield when not necessary.

**** like that. They try to hard and most of the time make errors while trying to do too much. Softball and to a certain extent baseball is more of a thinking and timing game than anything else. Soccer and basketball is where full on effort and adrenaline play a key role. The best teams have 9-10 players that play as a unit and collectively play as one. There are to many players in softball that think they are superstars and heroes and there is no such thing as that in this sport.

squirt

strokin and swingin
Like Swing said, I don't take coed seriously, but I do take the effort that I put forth seriously.

I think there might be some confusion here on what taking it too serious is.

most of us will play hard, do it what it takes to win etc.

I think the "take it to serious" people are those who for example:

1. sprint to first like its a 100m race when the ball was hit to left field.
2. slide at home when there is no play.
3. dive in the outfield when not necessary.

**** like that. They try to hard and most of the time make errors while trying to do too much. Softball and to a certain extent baseball is more of a thinking and timing game than anything else. Soccer and basketball is where full on effort and adrenaline play a key role. The best teams have 9-10 players that play as a unit and collectively play as one. There are to many players in softball that think they are superstars and heroes and there is no such thing as that in this sport.

I dove in the outfield once, I plopped in place.. Fail.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I like coed cuz there there are 8-12 girls minimum at each game. I play in a couple tournaments last summer in which there are 4-5 competitive teams out of 12-16. I enjoy a good competitive coed game. I mean the ones where you have to play the girls at the same depth as the guys in the infield and outfield and the girls are able to run, catch and throw the ball.

Rd maul

Addicted to Softballfans
I like coed cuz there there are 8-12 girls minimum at each game. I play in a couple tournaments last summer in which there are 4-5 competitive teams out of 12-16. I enjoy a good competitive coed game. I mean the ones where you have to play the girls at the same depth as the guys in the infield and outfield and the girls are able to run, catch and throw the ball.

Those arent girls they are men

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
Those arent girls they are men

If you saw a picture of my coed team that won upper worlds you would think otherwise. And it was against rusty baumgardner and 5 other conference guys. Maybe you guys should ask Rusty why he plays coed.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
If you saw a picture of my coed team that won upper worlds you would think otherwise. And it was against rusty baumgardner and 5 other conference guys. Maybe you guys should ask Rusty why he plays coed.

Let me reitirate the statement again...its not WHY you play coed...ITS WHY some guys take it so serious and act like pricks while playing it.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
Let me reitirate the statement again...its not WHY you play coed...ITS WHY some guys take it so serious and act like pricks while playing it.
Oh got it. Yeah, most league coed teams around here just drink and have fun. If I do play league that's all it's about. Trying to not hit it at any girls and have fun really. Honestly it's the rec teams around here that take it more serious. Or I should say teams that are slightly above rec but not good enough to play in the better coed leagues that try and stay rec so they can win every league and beat up on work teams etc.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I take coed so lightly that I do a standup comedy routine between innings that include props........A rubber chicken, glitter and party poopers. Kind of like Rip Taylor only not as funny...........The chics go wild.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
I take coed so lightly that I do a standup comedy routine between innings that include props........A rubber chicken, glitter and party poopers. Kind of like Rip Taylor only not as funny...........The chics go wild.

Dont forget your yellow tight pants.

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
I take coed so lightly that I do a standup comedy routine between innings that include props........A rubber chicken, glitter and party poPpers. Kind of like Rip Taylor only not as funny...........The chics go wild.

Fixed it for ya.........

Chimpy

Star Player

Rip Taylor was never funny, unless you're like 70.

wait4it

Star Player
If anyone playes softball and says they only play for fun and does not care if they win.... weather it be co-ed or reg. they shouldn't play

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
This same complaint can be made for all of softball. People seem to not realize this is a recreational activity, even if you are good most often you are going to play for free but still not get paid.