Why do you playl this game?

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
For me it's a hour or more of thinking about nothing but ball, no job no bills etc . Just thought the replies might be interesting.............. yea I know another dumbass thread.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
For me it's a hour or more of thinking about nothing but ball, no job no bills etc . Just thought the replies might be interesting.............. yea I know another dumbass thread.

Like you, when I'm on the field. It's just about ball. All of life's issues go away for a bit.

rainbow warrior

Addicted to Softballfans
i realize how much I love this game after attempting to sit through ten minutes of World Cup soccer. Now that sport sucks!!
When the hell does the game end? Is there a clock? Never saw one shot on goal in 10 minutes???? Softball actually has strategy and you can use your hands! Soccer sucks!!!

Oh, back to your question. I love feeling like a kid again with no worries and the smell of the diamond is priceless :)

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
i realize how much I love this game after attempting to sit through ten minutes of World Cup soccer. Now that sport sucks!!
When the hell does the game end? Is there a clock? Never saw one shot on goal in 10 minutes???? Softball actually has strategy and you can use your hands! Soccer sucks!!!

Oh, back to your question. I love feeling like a kid again with no worries and the smell of the diamond is priceless :)

With ya on the soccer stuff.Hear ya on the softball.................

blackbeasst

Addicted to Softballfans

You must have missed the world cup final last night. Forget shots on goal, there were 3 goals in the first 16 minutes...... all by the same chick.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Because for one hour a week I can bull**** myself into thinking I'm good at something.

No, like the OP, it's one hour where I don't answer my phone and deal with work, schedules, customers, whatever. One hour I get to be a big kid. I'll quit when it stops being fun.

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
I like competing but enjoy the beers and laughs with friends after the game more

joncon

Addicted to Softballfans
I asked myself this very question tonight after a stellar 1 for 6 performance.

The only good thing about it was that there were 3 others worse than me and 2 the same.

It was ugly.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
I asked myself this very question tonight after a stellar 1 for 6 performance.

The only good thing about it was that there were 3 others worse than me and 2 the same.

It was ugly.

Yea not quite as much fun when you play poorly.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I like the feeling of "nothing else matters" for an hour, like the OP. No worrying about work, bills, other stuff ect. Plus it's flat out awesome to have an extra hour playing ball with my Dad. He's our pitcher!!

Reminds me of being a kid again when he coached my t ball and little league team. Now I'm the coach :D

Stretch19

Grow up
Vanuatu won the Olympic qualifying soccer match at the Pacific Games 46-0. That's a rate of a goal every TWO MINUTES. Jean Kaltak had 16 goals for Vanuatu, which, despite the massive win, was knocked out of the Games after taking third in its group. Micronesia surrendered 114 goals in the tournament.

lx_2nv

Coach
I do it because all the hotties in Southern Maryland dig guys that play softball, have tribal tats and drive a lifted diesel. I'm their huckleberry.

For real though - it's cool to get my mind off ish for a while.

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
Like many mentioned, I do it just to get away for a few hours a week where I am not connected to my cell phone or dealing with anything else in life besides having a good time with some buddies and being slightly competitive while doing it. As bad as it sounds, it also forces me to leave my office on those days. While my wife would like it if I said I would leave every day on time even if I don't have ball, I often times end up working later than I ever anticipated just to get stuff down. While sad, the days I have games I realize I am part of a team that would like to play with a full squad so I try to keep my commitment and make it to the fields.

With that being said, as much as I enjoy being at the fields, I will never treat it like game 7 of the World Series like some of these guys do. I can appreciate someone giving 100% at anything they do, but I have had my ACL torn by an idiot that felt like he needed to break up a double play ball in the 7th inning of a game so his team could come back from 8 runs down. Ultimately, I still have to go to work the next day.