Why does softball have so many haters

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Any time a team does well, people either wanna talk about how they got lucky or how they were sandbagging. Whatever happened to being happy for someone else's success. Is damn near everyone in softball such an egotistical douchebag that no one is willing to give anyone else credit or be happy for someone else's success.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
OjJCs.gif

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
What did you win, and who was mean to you? You know that's why you posted this. Just brag and be done with it.

I won exactly nothing, I don't play softball anymore and when I do I suck now. A team with some of friends won gsl border battle last week. There are a number of threads on a local board and Facebook talking ****. They are sandbagging, swing shaved, should be playing D, Etc. One of my boys on the team sent me a Facebook link from some local Oregon guys whining that they were both lucky and sandbagging. My buddy is new to the game and was like wtf why does everyone talk ****.

I have played maybe 4 tournies this year after playing almost every weekend for the last couple years. Being away from it a little it's really kinda sad and pathetic the egos of so many of the people who play this game that they can't even be happy for people they know winning because they are jealous it wasn't them.

Aztec3

Addicted to Softballfans
Haha, just thought of a teammate at a tourney this past weekend, saying how he hated this guy on another team just cause he wore tight under armor compression shirts "trying to look buff" to play tourneys. I told him that he sounded like a B**ch and to actually hate people for legitimate reasons.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
b/c softball players are douche bags
Simple answer.

Why do people hate? Because softball is largely populated by people who have a profound lack of talent. The players/teams who are talented are hated due to jealousy.

As a w(rec)k baller it's easy to scoff at an upper level tourny player. It's nothing but poorly veiled jealousy though. The w(rec)k baller wants to be a better player, but doesn't possess the mentality or physical skills to make it happen. Thus, hatred.
Better answer.

Both are equally true.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
It's easy to be a good winner (though not for everyone), but good losers are in limited supply. Losing once in awhile is good for you. Lose all the time, make some changes.