Why Easton is Dying...

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Got my Helmer on Thursday. Have hit 300 balls with it since. Glad I had access to a tester.

NIW...

After 300 cuts (old Thunder ZN's)...

That's 50 points of drop in 300 cuts. Interesting to see what'll happen when I get it to 1K.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Looks like it will be really good. How did those 300 cuts feel?

I love Eastons. The feel, weighting and durability are just top tier. I need to give it more time to be fair and compare to other bats. To me, it's comparing apples and oranges. Eastons take work to break in. Miken/Worth don't seem to need too much love. This I can say... I liked the feel of this Helmer over last year's Kirby and TORQ outta the gate.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
I swung Madbeer's new helmer outside against my torq.
My torq had probably 50 hits on it and the helmer was closer to 200 at the time. My immediate reaction was it's the exact same without a spinning handle. The barrel response felt the same and sweet spot is same. The helmer did feel more end loaded though.
The only thing I can think is it's a torq that breaks in a bit quicker with more endload and no spinning handle.

Ballisttic

Star Player
My torq had probably 50 hits on it and the helmer was closer to 200 at the time. My immediate reaction was it's the exact same without a spinning handle. The barrel response felt the same and sweet spot is same. The helmer did feel more end loaded though.
The only thing I can think is it's a torq that breaks in a bit quicker with more endload and no spinning handle.

Damn you all, i hate you, now i want one bad lol

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce

Common Chris... How can you say it's the same barrel but it breaks in quicker? That makes no sense.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I need to hit this Helmer again....

It honestly felt like crap to me when I hit it.

I am beginning to suspect either I hit a demo dud, or it was literally way too new out of wrapper to judge it any. But it really felt whack to me compared to previous Helmers. I was never hating on the feel of Helmers before, just their pop. But this year's felt off to me.

Guess I will need to make a point to try one again, hopefully more worked in.

Typically I like Madbeers' suggestion in bat so...

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Common Chris... How can you say it's the same barrel but it breaks in quicker? That makes no sense.

It felt the exact same, swing to swing, only difference was the end load, and it had more pop.
Otherwise the barrel responded the exact same in my opinion. I am no pro and i could be completely wrong.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Chris says lots of things that don't make sense

If they somehow figured out how to make the bat feel the exact same but break in quicker. I am not sure how they did it, but they did. I think the new Helmer is a big winner in my book. Great stick and feel. I like it alot.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
I need to hit this Helmer again....

It honestly felt like crap to me when I hit it.

I am beginning to suspect either I hit a demo dud, or it was literally way too new out of wrapper to judge it any. But it really felt whack to me compared to previous Helmers. I was never hating on the feel of Helmers before, just their pop. But this year's felt off to me.

Guess I will need to make a point to try one again, hopefully more worked in.

Typically I like Madbeers' suggestion in bat so...

I doubt you hit a demo dud. Demo's are usually superior to consumer product if anything. If I remember correctly, you stated that you have a hard time getting your Eastons to break in. While this model does break in a bit quicker, you may want to look at getting one used. Just a thought.

Chris says lots of things that don't make sense

It's all coming together.

It felt the exact same, swing to swing, only difference was the end load, and it had more pop.
Otherwise the barrel responded the exact same in my opinion. I am no pro and i could be completely wrong.

TORQ felt stiffer to me. Weighting felt very similar to me though. If I had to game a 300 hit TORQ or a 300 hit Helmer... I would choose the Helmer. Very Kirby like. Broke in a great deal quicker. And that's with my weak ass swinging it.

THESHOE

Starting Player
You're likely right about the used thing for sure. That or wait until this one is down cheap by next winter.

Funny how I felt the Torq initially had a softer barrel which I liked. And thought this new helmer felt super stiff and very hollow feeling. Like it would resonate moreso than any other bat then sting in the hands as a result.

Goes to show how subjective all things are.

I need to hit one again.

If I remember correctly, you stated that you have a hard time getting your Eastons to break in. While this model does break in a bit quicker, you may want to look at getting one used. Just a thought.

TORQ felt stiffer to me. Weighting felt very similar to me though. If I had to game a 300 hit TORQ or a 300 hit Helmer... I would choose the Helmer. Very Kirby like. Broke in a great deal quicker. And that's with my weak ass swinging it.

KinGClowN

Half Man Half Amazing
I can 150% certainty that the demo Helmer I had broke in/broke way quicker than the production version that I have now which is still going strong.

Cags

Star Player
Madbeers helmer gets around. I also took some swings with it. The 27.5 seemed light compared to other 27.5 oz bats I have swung. Weighting and everything felt good. Thing started webbing up right away. It was a lot better than last year's easton offerings. With Madbeers swinging it I don't think it survives to 1000 hits.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
I have a feeling the helmer is a sis major bat by the sound of it and that's not a bad thing be it and the torq are the best Easton's I've hit in along time.

THESHOE

Starting Player
My impression was the same.

27.5 was light compared to previous 27oz Helmers to me.

I need to swing this again for more than a round and one with some work on it.

Reading reviews of it I trust here, and it doesn't match my opinion of it.

Friend of mine has a Kirby which already webbed within 200 cuts and he seems to fire the ball with it just as well as his Mikens. He is a big fan of it. To me it was OK. Didn't feel too much different than last year's.

Madbeers helmer gets around. I also took some swings with it. The 27.5 seemed light compared to other 27.5 oz bats I have swung. Weighting and everything felt good. Thing started webbing up right away. It was a lot better than last year's easton offerings. With Madbeers swinging it I don't think it survives to 1000 hits.

Darracq

I have a feeling the helmer is a sis major bat by the sound of it and that's not a bad thing be it and the torq are the best Easton's I've hit in along time.

Your sis was not stiff at all though, hot out of wrapper, And has a good endload in 27oz. They could of made some tweaks though.

THESHOE

Starting Player
New Helmer vs ST100h

What are you Easton die hard picking these days?

Madbeers what do you take if given an option now today?

Headbus

Part Time Player
Very Balanced and VERY hot

I was absolutely impressed
Very underrated

I'm hoping to pick one of these up later in the year when they go on sale, will they take me 600-700 hits to open up?

I swung last years baker and was disappointed. This years are much better?

WillW3

Starting Player
Well ya... I could say the same about my F12 or CL22s... But i'm taking Easton Helmer specifically.

Given I haven't swung the Helmer yet, I can't weigh really in, but with the speculation of the SIS Major and the Helmer being repaints, I'm taking the 100H or 100W over the SIS Team edition 10 out of 10 times.