why have Mizuno bats been outlawed???

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
does anybody know what is the reason?

ISA Worlds in South Carolina we have been told all Mizuno bats except the blur are now illegal for use in ISA.

i am just wandering what the story is.

thanks
Cliff

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
that is the story i heard too, but something stinks. those bats have been on the market and in players hands for a long time to just be figuring out that there was no approval process.

NYYanks120

Addicted to Softballfans
Guy got plastered by a craze yesterday morning and they Don't have isa stamp from what I'm told

Killman

Star Player
We won ours by winning ISA tourneys this year. Those were the only bats given away by scisa. It just sucks they obviously don't care about shaved bats because they didn't compression test bats but they wouldn't let us use the bats we were used to that they gave us. There were two compression machines in the tower at pine grove. One was theirs, the other belongs to pine grove. I bet if some of these directors had to field some of these balls in the infield they would test every tourney.

Aguynamedpat

NSA Super World Champion
The orange/black Crazes do NOT have an ISA stamp, I checked mine after they posted that notice on the board at Pine Grove. They dont even have an NSA stamp, they only have a utrip stamp. I was disappointed but just swung my Ressy 454 and OG Psycho. IMO If its not on the utrip banned list and has a utrip stamp, you should be able to use it.

squeakslang3

offically unofficial
It was our team that addressed it during our game against "Roids" and again during our second game against Nuff Said from FL. They arent on the approved bat list and we have guys that cant swing theirs because of it. Its the dumbest thing ever and i heard this lies 100% on Mizuno and that they havent sent the money to ISA for certification in over 4 years..

Killman

Star Player
The orange/black Crazes do NOT have an ISA stamp, I checked mine after they posted that notice on the board at Pine Grove. They dont even have an NSA stamp, they only have a utrip stamp. I was disappointed but just swung my Ressy 454 and OG Psycho. IMO If its not on the utrip banned list and has a utrip stamp, you should be able to use it.

The ones they didn't let us use had isa stamps above the handle. We won them in isa tourneys and used them all year in every sanction we played with no problems. In my opinion if u aren't going to check bats u can't single any out. I guarantee they weren't any hotter than some of the other bats we had to deal with until the homeruns were gone.

mihklo

That's how it is down here in sc. I've never seen a bat tested. They would rather have you pay the insane amount of money ($125 if I recall correctly) to them to protest a bat. Insane they had testers there. And also insane that they have been giving these out all year for prizes. I know we won 1 as well from isa this year.

Who ended up winning both classes?

Aguynamedpat

NSA Super World Champion
I retract my previous statement, I see that now. It just says ISA Approved and NSA Approved. I wonder if they hid that approval "stamp" way down there for a reason? Weird.

And I agree with you 100% on the bat statement, my Psycho and 454 are a lot hotter than my Crazes (so far), but the Crazes are so balanced they feel great. I only swung mine twice on Friday night, but a teammate was swinging one of them all weekend until they posted that notice.

Aguynamedpat

NSA Super World Champion
Who ended up winning both classes?

GO FIGURE, E came down to CA Gear Alabama and Fantasyland (Alabama Alley Cats). CA Gear had 2 conference players on their team, and Fantasyland hasnt played anything E all year long. Oh well, somehow they were approved, and we just didnt hit against Fantasyland. Theyre a good group of guys and a damn good team.

mihklo

It's gotta be pretty awesome to be a conference player to play down all the way in E and win something. (insert sarcasm)
I'm actually shocked to see some of the SC teams finish top 5 as they are pretty legit E class teams ( unless they made a bunch of pick ups), ESP when it comes to all the sandbagging.

Aguynamedpat

NSA Super World Champion
We played two of the 4 toughest teams in our first 4 games. We opened up with New River Welding (Stovepipes Seahawks), then played Coastal Merchants, Fantasyland, and Absolut Madness. The only true E team that we played was Coastal Merchants.

mihklo

We do have some good teams, and while some could play D during the year, when it comes to worlds they are def classed right in E. wasn't meaning any disrespect to our teams one bit.

Killman

Star Player
We played two of the 4 toughest teams in our first 4 games. We opened up with New River Welding (Stovepipes Seahawks), then played Coastal Merchants, Fantasyland, and Absolut Madness. The only true E team that we played was Coastal Merchants.

That is rough

Stretch19

Grow up
we opened up with CA Gear, im not sure who the "conference" guy they had was, maybe the 3b that hit some serious gas, but as a team I didnt feel like they were that much better than anyone we played throughout the year...they beat us 10-9 and i was more disappointed with how we played than what their roster looked like

fantasyland was a good team from the games i saw them, their SS and CF could play for sure

Aguynamedpat

NSA Super World Champion
What did he look like? They are from GA, but took a whole different team up there than they played with all year.