why ISA why

tdcs1323

Addicted to Softballfans
Every year about now there is more and more crying about sandbagging. Fact is that it isn't going away. And none of the complaining changes anything. U end up with 2 or 3 coaches calli g the home office and complaining about a team they may not have to play and end up going 0-2 and never walked on the field against the teams they complained about. Its just a circus every year this time. No one complains all year when they beat one of the stronger teams in a combine tourney but as soon as they see the name in a major tourney they cry. Its ridiculous. Just play the team across from you and if tbey beat u then shake their hands and say good game. I have played in sc and lived in florida for a couple years as well. Too much crying all the way around. Blast away guys but you all know that teams of guys you all know drop to win easy tournies all the time... some of the cryers should be more honest with themselves and look at their own teams as well.

tdcs1323

Addicted to Softballfans
Also will say I have played on both types of teams. One team that we couldn't go to a tourney without teams wanting to protest us and also played for a guy that was more worried about all the other teams and didn't work enough on running our own team.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
totally different level, but as far as the 'sandbagging' issue in general goes, it's always bothered me that prizes aren't 'scaled' for each level. in my league the top division doesn't get any more money than the bottom division. in fact, i'm pretty sure the b-side champs get the same as the a-side champs.

I believe you either play for fun or you play to win, and when you mix the two up it creates problems. top division can be play to win and they can get prizes. the rest are playing for fun, and the reward should be the game itself. if you want to play down, you do so because you want to have some fun, not because you want an easy way to win a prize.

either way, I treat it like a game. I don't really care who i'm playing against, as long as they don't take it anymore seriously than my team does, we're gonna enjoy it

wink

Winkleton
Definitely isn't gonna change. And I have been on both sides of this, also.
BUT that is why ISA is declining, at least here in Atlanta/N GA area. Not sure about elsewhere.

Case in point. ISA E Rec championship in Cherokee this past weekend. ISA Allowed 5 or 6 teams that are classified Upper E, and really should be D teams into "rec" That is going way too far!
Freaks, Jimmy Douglas, Final Notice, VooDoo, WFO, every single one of these teams is at the very least Upper E and a couple SHOULD be classified as D!!

But as you say. There is NO point in bitching about it! Not one bit of it is gonna change at all!

whogotz

dilligaf?
is it crying and bitching when you're playing by the rules and another team is clearly not?
if we are paying $300 to play in an event - and there are rules in place - is too much to ask that the rules be enforced?
why arent heavyweights allowed to fight welterweights? - rules are in place - to create a level playing field.

sandbagging is one thing, a sanction allowing blatant violations of their rules is another. how is it that players know how to verify that another player has played (fill in the blank) yet a team of directors overseeing a "world series" event cannot?

Dexb0t

Entertainer
is it crying and bitching when you're playing by the rules and another team is clearly not?
if we are paying $300 to play in an event - and there are rules in place - is too much to ask that the rules be enforced?
why arent heavyweights allowed to fight welterweights? - rules are in place - to create a level playing field.

sandbagging is one thing, a sanction allowing blatant violations of their rules is another. how is it that players know how to verify that another player has played (fill in the blank) yet a team of directors overseeing a "world series" event cannot?

I completely agree. It isn't cool whenever you are paying money to be able to play/travel/etc and then you show up to find out certain rules aren't being enforced, or have been changed, or things have been overlooked because directors sign off on things they shouldn't(being shady).

I'm not calling anyone out, just saying that it should be transparent. You should know what you are getting whenever you pay to travel/enter and that's how it goes.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
ISA has their convention coming up here in about a month or so.... They really need to fix these problems, before everyone stops playing ISA. The rule where if a state director approves a roster, (no matter who is on it) that person is legal to play is laughable. ISA should give the $300 protest fee back to Tampa/Reebok...

Jimmy34

Board Prick
ISA has their convention coming up here in about a month or so.... They really need to fix these problems, before everyone stops playing ISA. The rule where if a state director approves a roster, (no matter who is on it) that person is legal to play is laughable. ISA should give the $300 protest fee back to Tampa/Reebok...

They did give the $ back from what I heard but a director playing on a team that won the whole thing with 100% an illegal player signed the roster so ISA screwed everyone playing ISA, worst organization in softball...shady shady shady :cool:

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
They did give the $ back from what I heard but a director playing on a team that won the whole thing with 100% an illegal player signed the roster so ISA screwed everyone playing ISA, worst organization in softball...shady shady shady :cool:

Glad to hear they got their money back, considering they were 100% correct about what they were protesting...

WhiteBoy

Addicted to Softballfans
Nothing to do with that situation, however, that may have sealed the deal.
Without sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, he's had some issues throughout the year. He was one of the good ones they had left.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
That is a shame.. Ralph, the shorter guy (Santiago was his last name, I think) and the lady that had the tats on her legs (Hell, I suck with names) were always very nice to us when we were down there... I can say nothing bad about the people we dealt with (on a state level) in Florida.. Hope Ralph lands on his feet somewhere...

Dexb0t

Entertainer
Nothing to do with that situation, however, that may have sealed the deal.
Without sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, he's had some issues throughout the year. He was one of the good ones they had left.

I gotcha, I wasn't sure which one he was. Like you said- some of the other drama may have pushed him away... who knows? I just noticed that and wondered. Heard alot of complaints about the way things went down this past weekend...

Jimmy34

Board Prick
I think Ralph stepped down because he was so disgusted with what happened...much respect for the man right now...he couldn't do a thing and was frustrated that this went on in his backyard...

squeakslang3

offically unofficial
I think Ralph stepped down because he was so disgusted with what happened...much respect for the man right now...he couldn't do a thing and was frustrated that this went on in his backyard...

from what i have read and put together this is the most logical answer.

WhiteBoy

Addicted to Softballfans
Like I said. It wasn't this one incident that made this happen. It would have happened before the year was out anyway, this was just the final straw. He has ISA's back and ISA didn't have his... basically.
Ralph's last name is not Santiago, Dave Santiago is the State Director. The lady with the tats is Nancy. All 3 of these are good people. All 3 of them agreed that what happened was wrong. The National Director/CEO Don Stratton is the guy that allowed this to happen.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Like I said. It wasn't this one incident that made this happen. It would have happened before the year was out anyway, this was just the final straw. He has ISA's back and ISA didn't have his... basically.
Ralph's last name is not Santiago, Dave Santiago is the State Director. The lady with the tats is Nancy. All 3 of these are good people. All 3 of them agreed that what happened was wrong. The National Director/CEO Don Stratton is the guy that allowed this to happen.

Yeah, that is what befuddled me... the national director allowed this to happen, and he was right there at the complex. When you know certain state directors are blatantly breaking the rules, and you do nothing about it... that is piss-poor leadership.

All the Florida people have been fantastic to us (3 separate visits down there this year)...

TommyMass

Addicted to Softballfans
If I may ask, what is the state that had the players that created this problem? I used to be involved with ISA several years ago and I'm just curious. I realize that it is none of my business; as I said just curious and the thread is on an open board. Thanks

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
TommyMass: The ISA State director from Alabama played for the team that won the D this past weekend, and he approved the conference player on his roster (He ended up being the MVP). That is why people are so upset about it.

TommyMass

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks Dakota. Gives the appearance of conflict of imterest; definitely lack of judgement. You'd think ISA higher-ups would have stepped in and worked it out.

sammyrod1

Addicted to Softballfans
Our team plays alot of freedom here in Florida and our coach is a director the higher ups review our roster more aggressively . Especially in states which we won Isa should have done the same to prevent this from happening . It's a complete conflict of interest and plain and simple unacceptable . I promise this will hurt them tremendously in the state of Florida, on our local board the thread which the link in posted in this thread not one director or don has even commented which isn't cool at all.

Dexb0t

Entertainer
Our team plays alot of freedom here in Florida and our coach is a director the higher ups review our roster more aggressively . Especially in states which we won Isa should have done the same to prevent this from happening . It's a complete conflict of interest and plain and simple unacceptable . I promise this will hurt them tremendously in the state of Florida, on our local board the thread which the link in posted in this thread not one director or don has even commented which isn't cool at all.

Like you said- probably because it was unacceptable and they aren't looking forward to addressing it.

sammyrod1

Addicted to Softballfans
Like you said- probably because it was unacceptable and they aren't looking forward to addressing it.

Exactly unfortunate because out of state directors are ruining some of the good ones here in Florida Ralph is a stand up guy for sure

TommyMass

Addicted to Softballfans
There's only one way out of this mess; if the director in question has not resigned he needs to be fired. He put himself ahead of the integrity of not only the tournament and the entire ISA, but he put himself ahead of the entire game of softball. He really put the other directors in bad spot.

Stretch19

Grow up
why is ISA the only organization that ive heard of where Directors either coach or play on teams? that in itself is a joke