Why should I care about anything but 52s?

Ballisttic

Star Player
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

wtf, ballisttic needs this re written in third person thanks.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

Unoriginal. I remember the first time I used the internet.

BigGilly44

The Rookie

What do you want me to say to your mom? Because I re-read what I wrote and I guess I'm Totally lost as to what I said having to do with you trucker mother? Please explain?

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Just hit the ball slightly below center to get backspin. Some people actually go with a slightly downward swing plane, but most people who do that start hitting weak popups. Stick with a level or slight upswing and hit the bottom half.

Btw, most of the people I hear whining about the .52 have bigtime uppercuts. They got used to swinging up, hitting the harder balls in the mouth, and muscling them out. Doesn't work well with .52's.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Just hit the ball slightly below center to get backspin. Some people actually go with a slightly downward swing plane, but most people who do that start hitting weak popups. Stick with a level or slight upswing and hit the bottom half.

Btw, most of the people I hear whining about the .52 have bigtime uppercuts. They got used to swinging up, hitting the harder balls in the mouth, and muscling them out. Doesn't work well with .52's.

One of my teammates is like this. Hits bob after bomb in bp, rather impressively, then gets in games and hits a lot of warning track fly balls with a few home runs mixed in.

Chubby_43

Spinning the ball is cutting. getting the 52 to backspin gives it lift and carries the ball.

I was. I didnt want him thinking I was being the sbfs smartass.

So in BP focus hitting aim just below the ball. Higher pitches are easier to do this since you eye doesn't change much. Depending on your swing it might take some changes if you have an upper cut swing.. Muscle memory will fix that. So you would really want have the first few go straight up in the air, then your natural swing plane will balance you back out. The easiest thing to do is to take your hands to the ball and the weight of the bat will line you up perfectly..

Good Luck

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
good ol' sbf....hasn't changed a bit......so anyone here use 52/275's in their league?? I think I should care bcus our league is switching to GSL from ASA but they are still going to allow any ASA bat that isn't banned.....I pre-ordered a Monsta Torch, yep...I love their bats.....so is my Torch going to be ok for the 52/275?? I already know the answer but I'm hoping others care enough to give their opinion

bird25

34/30 Club #25
good ol' sbf....hasn't changed a bit......so anyone here use 52/275's in their league?? I think I should care bcus our league is switching to GSL from ASA but they are still going to allow any ASA bat that isn't banned.....I pre-ordered a Monsta Torch, yep...I love their bats.....so is my Torch going to be ok for the 52/275?? I already know the answer but I'm hoping others care enough to give their opinion

The dna is and I heard the torch is just a DNA .

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
The dna is and I heard the torch is just a DNA .

the DNA last year was lights out....started out when I first got it just me and a couple other guys swinging it, by the end of the summer league/beginning of fall there were at least 9-10 guys swinging it and a few that hit their first hr's ever with it....I won't try and get a debate started with some of these knuckleheads in here but Monsta does make some bad ass bats, of course it's all preference but I'm sure the Bombardier and Torch will be just as good as the DNA

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
You should get trolled because it's a dumb question. You shouldn't care and no one should care if you care. Do u play usssa? Do i care if you play usssa? 52's are fine but at my local BLD they still use 44s and old stamp usssa bats. Another league uses super blue dots with asa bats. So yes i care about other things but no, no you should not.

This right here. We use 44/375 in the one ASA league I play in.

BigGilly44

The Rookie
This right here. We use 44/375 in the one ASA league I play in.

My point exactly. Why use 44/375s? NO sanctioning ASA state or national tournament uses the 44/375s anymore. Why practice and play with a ball that not only hits alot different but also fielding is different?

If you need to break in bats or have a confidence building BP session. Those are the only reasons I see to not use what the real tourneys will be played with.

Again my opinion. Practice with what you use in the only tourneys that matter.

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
You should care about .44/375's because you might live long enough to play senior ball and get to hit them with real (1..21bpf) bats!