Why so many differant bats?

stoopidwon

I Am OG Noob!!!
I know I'm a NOOB:rolleyes: but I see some guys collections and they have 15 bats all of them differant, I currently have 10 bats and there are a few differant ones, but usually when I buy a bat its a a differant model of my favorites If I dont like it I dump it. I currently have 5 jh120's and 3 flexs (USSSA, ASA) my other bats a CNT+ selling to a teammate and my Camo, wife swings it.... Im just wondering why so many totally differant sticks. :confused:

scuderia

Addicted to Softballfans
Idiom
VarietytheSpiceofLife.jpg

JeremyStark

Addicted to Softballfans
You ever play golf? This is how I justify it to my wife :D Problem is I suck at softball as much as I do @ golf.

rookieslugger

Addicted to Softballfans
why would u want a bunch of the same bats? unless your holding on to them to sell later, seems like 1 or two of the same bat should be plenty

stoopidwon

I Am OG Noob!!!
I have back ups for bats that I know I can swing, dont wanna have to switch. Bats break when they do I have back ups.

Its a noob thing you wouldnt understand....

Last edited:

tbradley87

Starting Player
After all is said and done I will have 5 or 6 in my bag... Some of them I hang up and let the team use, and there are 2 or 3 that I keep to myself...

Shook8

Addicted to Softballfans
I usually have 6-7 bats every year from buying them in the winter but always end up unloading them arount this time of year

bryanvw61

Addicted to Softballfans
I think because not every 28 or 26 swings the same, hits the same, you can't know what you like without trying them all...lol

Thundercats

Banned User
I don't understand it either I starting buying bats this last winter and I hit the juggy for the first time this spring and loved it and didn't pick anything else up so I got rid of my other sticks and got more juggys!

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
stoopid... you are stupid... and cant wait to put it to you guys this weekend...

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
O yeah you should post your "Mayhem" pic as your avatar... thats my favorite bat pic EVER...haha

Shook8

Addicted to Softballfans
i tried a lot of bats and kept the 1's i liked.

Yeah that's what I mostly do, that's what all these people need to do that keep asking what the best bat is. Go buy a few you think you're going to like and sell the ones you like the least.

What's bad is that most of my bats I had were ASA and as of next year I'm officially done with ASA ball. I had 2 Freak 98, an SCN5, SCN9, SCX14, and an OG EXT. Liked them all but I didn't see any point in keeping them if they're not going to be used.

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
1. Different bats for different Associations
2. Different weights of the same bat for earlier in a tourney and later in a tourney when you get tired
3. Back-up bat
4. Back-up for the back-up bat.
5. Cold weather bat
6. Mush ball bat
7. Batting practice bat
8. Trade bait bat

I could go on but I will stop there.

stoopidwon

I Am OG Noob!!!
1. Different bats for different Associations
2. Different weights of the same bat for earlier in a tourney and later in a tourney when you get tired
3. Back-up bat
4. Back-up for the back-up bat.
5. Cold weather bat
6. Mush ball bat
7. Batting practice bat
8. Trade bait bat

I could go on but I will stop there.

first decent answer on here :rolleyes: at least you have an answer, I find it silly guys have so many differant that you know they dont,nor ever will swing...

stoopidwon

I Am OG Noob!!!
O yeah you should post your "Mayhem" pic as your avatar... thats my favorite bat pic EVER...haha

hey dummy good luck this weekend, you mean this pic??? got one more in route....love em... Ive got 3 flexs now as well gonna be red n blue when all is said n done

SU1HMDAyNTgtMjAxMDA4MjMtMjIwMC5qcGc.jpg

Foultip

USMC '93-'00/7220
I don't understand it either I starting buying bats this last winter and I hit the juggy for the first time this spring and loved it and didn't pick anything else up so I got rid of my other sticks and got more juggys!

Sticking to ONE that you KNOW works for you is the "sensible" thing to do...apparently, I'm not very smart. :mad:

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
Nope thats not the one... its the one with "someone" holding a OG booger...lol

coolluvr4u1976

#1 bomb dropper
why would u want a bunch of the same bats? unless your holding on to them to sell later, seems like 1 or two of the same bat should be plenty

Well,,,,, if you like said bat..... why not have several of them.... cuz you never know when they might blow up....

I have 3 of the Freak LE's and possibly a 4th comming.... I have 2 of the Freak98's..... since i dont play much ASA those Freak98's will last me a long time... but since they dont make the LE's anymore, i am stocking up on them...