Wilson or Vinci

stutzdaddy

Star Player
I have never used a Vinci glove before but have the opportunity to get a Vinci BMB custom or a Wilson A2000 CL22 for the same price. Which one should I get?? Both are new. I am working on playing first next season in a rec league currently play catcher and pitch.

RalphG427

On the bench
The BMB is going to be small for 1b. Don't be fooled with it being labeled a 13" glove, most I've seen don't come even close when measured. I ordered a custom a couple years ago before I knew any better and it came in right around 12.25". The cl22 will measure 13" however the pattern is a little narrow for softball IMO. I would recommend an a2000 1799 if you're not going with an actual 1b glove. They measure 13" and play very wide as well.

Jomatty

Starting Player
If the question were just wilson or Vinci I think it's a no brainer to go wilson. Since you want to play first base next year it makes it closer. The wilson is a special edition of an elo? So it should play around a true 12.75 (if I'm right that it's an elo). I don't know what the Vinci plays at but if it is a true 13" then the decisions a little bit trickier. I like a big glove at first base.

brennen15

Addicted to Softballfans
If it's the same price the Wilson for sure. Only downfall on that glove is it's not as wide and the leather on the back of the glove

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
A closed back will play to about 12.5", while an open backed version will play to 12.75". At first I would really recommend a TJ-1952, which would play at almost 13.5".

nissben

Freakin Ninja
Elo or 1799. I use to be one of these vinci guys, until I got my hands on an a2k kp92 and a2k1799. I was blind before.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Wilson makes great gloves but not in the 13.5" like the Vinci TJ1952. More glove for the money.

nissben

Freakin Ninja
For the over 13, I would consider vinci is top contender no doubt, even though their have been a slew of new custom glove companies come out that can also make a glove however big u want it, but the "quality is yet to be tested in the long run"

DeeMo28

Addicted to Softballfans
keep your eye out for a special offering from Wilson. I recently received an email from corporate, this individual was assigned a special project to develop a slowpitch specific A2000. He contacted the DGA group for our input as to what we see at the fields and what options we would like to see. The options I can disclose at this time is the glove will either be a 13 or 13.5

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^^ That would be nice as long as it is going to pretty stiff leather. I have a black 1799 and if it was 13.5 I'm pretty sure the fingers would not remain very stiff...... but I could be wrong.

Mike27

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the pjv16 6.5oz kip Vinci and it is every bit as good if not better than the a a2000 1799.

I've had it for 7 years and it's still in great shape.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I have never used a Vinci glove before but have the opportunity to get a Vinci BMB custom or a Wilson A2000 CL22 for the same price. Which one should I get?? Both are new. I am working on playing first next season in a rec league currently play catcher and pitch.

There are retards at both extremes of the fence on anything Vinci vs Wilson/Rawlings. In all fairness Vinci reps started it but most of the naysayers were nuthuggers at one time and are always looking to be somehow different because that's better. It's old, played out, and there's enough valid argument on either side to nullify both. They both make great gloves.

Having said that, for the positions you're looking to play I'd go with the ELO. It's a little taller which you'll want for 1st and C, will also work fine for P. The BMB is short (12.5 CB, 12.75 OB) and wide, better suited for 3b/SS/2b/P. The ELO CL22 will also be worth more should you decide to move it later. You can always pick up a custom BMB later. Keepmthe leather clean on that CL22, that gunmetal(?) leather color will likely go downhill if you let it dry out, IF dust dries leather out quickly.

CircleL

Starting Player
keep your eye out for a special offering from Wilson. I recently received an email from corporate, this individual was assigned a special project to develop a slowpitch specific A2000. He contacted the DGA group for our input as to what we see at the fields and what options we would like to see. The options I can disclose at this time is the glove will either be a 13 or 13.5

Any updates on this?

charlied

Addicted to Softballfans
I went with a Vinci, I custom ordered my colours and got a 13" optimus. It's taking awhile to break it in but I can't wait to use it.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Had both....both nice in what they offer. Thot ELO too narrow for me and BMB too short...unless that's what you like. Wouldn't recommend either for 1st....I'd go a larger Vinci at 1st. I love my RV65 at 1st with the bullet proof leather but only LHT avail...

muddyedgar

Star Player
I use a Vinci RV1961-L as a utility glove BUT mainly play SS, 3rd, LF & LC. I have used the ELO and 1799. Both are great gloves, just to big for my taste. I just like the way the RV1961-L fits my hand....personal preference.

Anthony

L36OGbn.gif