Wilson Sporting goods suing Monsta for Patent infringement

ShortYellowBus

I always thought about this very topic.

I just figured costly litigation would be too hard to overcome for Wilson. With so much talk about bats and softballs not being profitable, I just figured it was an “Uber” situation.

Sidecar was the first ride share company and sued Uber for blatantly stealing all their patents...until they ran out of money.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
I always thought about this very topic.

I just figured costly litigation would be too hard to overcome for Wilson. With so much talk about bats and softballs not being profitable, I just figured it was an “Uber” situation.

Sidecar was the first ride share company and sued Uber for blatantly stealing all their patents...until they ran out of money.

True. I also heard of a paintball company who went out of business for going around trying to sue other paintball gun manufacturers for using electronic triggers or something like that.

I figure Wilson just thinks Monsta is a low hanging fruit and are testing the waters.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Wilson has/is more than just softball dunno if running outa money would be an issue.. they (demarini) is the innovator of doublewall tech

Hiltz

Built for comfort
But Monsta's doublewall tech is completely different; it has chunks of packing foam in there too. :rolleyes:

Hopefully Carl goes to prison and gets ass-raped like all the people he screwed on pre-orders.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
There is a post on basefook where he is talking about walking away from monsta. Not sure if its connected, but ya gotta think so.

Country469

Wilson's money from being the iron of the US open winner will be enough to hopefully put Carl out of bidness

Real talk tho I'd start a go fund me if Wilson needs cash for legal fees, **** Carl right in lying ***** ass

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i wonder if Wilson had to wait a bit for Carl to actually sell so many units since it seems as if the damages will be calculated based on sales. Well played Wilson. i was thinking back to when Carl was first on here talking about all his innovations and such and everyone telling him it's already been done. i can't find those old thread but it'd be great if they were submitted as evidence lol

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
FWIW, apparently Monsta's patent for their FIB was filed about a year before Wilson's Double Barrel patent.

Joker

i wonder if Wilson had to wait a bit for Carl to actually sell so many units since it seems as if the damages will be calculated based on sales. Well played Wilson. i was thinking back to when Carl was first on here talking about all his innovations and such and everyone telling him it's already been done. i can't find those old thread but it'd be great if they were submitted as evidence lol
you're misremembering. there were maybe a handful of people questioning him. the vast majority were sucking him off and attacking the others cause he was offering bats to be tested

JP21

Wilson's money from being the iron of the US open winner will be enough to hopefully put Carl out of bidness

Real talk tho I'd start a go fund me if Wilson needs cash for legal fees, **** Carl right in lying ***** ass

Last I looked Anta Group was valued at OVER 18.9 billion, I don't think they need any help when it comes to money.

It is ironic that a chines based company is suing for patient infringement considering that amount on knock offs that are produced in their own country. There is probably a fake Anta store right beside their head office.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
i was thinking back to when Carl was first on here talking about all his innovations and such and everyone telling him it's already been done.

But his bats have a FLOATING inner barrel, and were the first to offer true 4-wall flex....

....and were assembled in his garage.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
You know I feel for someone who tries to go out on a limb to create something, giving all your effort and money for your passion to share with others, I like to spend money toward those kind of businesses, but from the get go he was just so Cocky and arrogant, especially on here, just a total dbag that felt he was better than anything, he used “preorder” money to fund his purchases to assemble in his garage, make you wait forever, I have never swung a Monsta out of spite, never would hold one, do they perform yes, but I wouldn’t do it, obviously the tech is there, “possibly” stolen from Demarini, I hope he gets what’s coming to him and his band of merry henchmen factory ****heads can go **** off

jkwoody22

League ball huer
I even stopped doing business with a3 when they started offering monsta, I was really surprised they did that, I enjoyed their exclusives and company, knowledge etc, I wonder if their ties to demar will change that