Work and softball?

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
I babysit adults. Only work 6 months out of the year. Every other weekend off, so I can still play tourneys when they line up. Mondays and Tuesdays always off, always playing league ball. Hit bp once a week on Tuesdays or Wednesdays in the morning all year long thanks to the socal weather.

aztec575

Rec player for life!!
I am a project manager for a large electric sign company. Work 5a - 2p m-f. Never an issue making a game

DColeman28

HRIS Analyst.. Only time work really messes with softball is if I get injuried playing on my work team on Wednesday night. Other than that my boss is pretty cool because he's a die heart Rangers fan so he loves the game of baseball or softball. Had a overnight tournament on a Friday and he told me to take the whole day off to get some rest.

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
In the military. I have to schedule around things a little but get to play more than I probably should. Not complaining one bit.

CJ8

Addicted to Softballfans
Insurance Adjuster. M-F off by 5 no weekends. All good, unless I have to travel which I just got back. 4 weeks out, missed playoffs and 2 tournys, but back in time for states and nationals!

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
I am an office supplies guy. I go wherever my customers need me to. It messes with softball sometimes, but not too much.

ninerniner

Addicted to Softballfans
I work 3rd (6pm to 630am) shift as a machinist so I am only able to play league games the weeks of tournaments because I take a few hours off, can't afford to do it every week.

Steve99

Addicted to Softballfans
I.T. for a school district.

7:30 - 3:30 M-F during the school year
7:00 - 4:50 M-T and off Fridays during the Summer.

Never miss games or tournies due to work.

Nape012

Addicted to Softballfans
Work at a glass factory 4a-4p and we work 4 days and off 4 days. One month your off every weekend and the next you work every weekend. I always make the league games but get frustrated on the months I can't play tournaments. My work schedule has hindered me from getting on a lot of really good teams.

MattXT

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm an electrical engineer for a defense contractor. I get sent on travel for about a week every month or two, but besides that I can always make my games. Plus the fields I play at are 5 and 10 minutes from the office.

Spartan 4

The Veteran
I feel you I am in the military too and it gets crazy sometime. When you have to deploy, and sometime miss awhole softball season.

I sell insurance in a sales office over the phone. 9-5, M-F. I used to work in retail sales and while I did make a good living, I hated the hours and missed some nights playing league ball and a lot of weekend tournaments. Now I play mostly wherever and whenever I can.

Redneck13

Getting old SUCKS!!
Self employed, so I do not miss softball games or kid events. I use to be a cop and missed a lot of things. Now I miss being a cop but not the hours and political B.S.!

wdwlodge

Addicted to Softballfans
I am a Biomedical Engineer Tech. I work M-F 6AM - 2:30PM so I don't miss any games due to work. I used to be on call, but I took a new position at a different hospital to avoid call.

Deerock

The Prospect
I'm an in-house lawyer for and oil and gas exploration and production company. I don't work weekends or work past 5pm. However, the bonus is that my company sponsors my team, so tournament Fridays are easy to get off! They are pretty good about taking time off for ball!

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
Firefighter here and we work a 48/72 schedule so I miss 2 out of 4 nights at league every week. I have every saturday off but work every other sunday so occasionally I either take PTO or just call in sick on Sundays but my team doesn't usually make it to sunday :eek:

menysf

Addicted to Softballfans
Office manager for a local company I work m-th 7-5:30 ... No problems on the work getting on thr way of playing

tc86bmsn

Addicted to Softballfans
Chief engineer of high rise buildings, 7-whenever im done. Every now and then i get held up and have to miss a game.

1four

Addicted to Softballfans
I am a school principal so I have most of the summer off. Spend the days with the fam and play on weekends when I want....