worked on my swing

bartxe

1st base coach
here are two videos of my progression. Believe it or not, I did get some good advise on my swing on here (after I filtered through all of the comedian posts).

This is from about a year and a half ago
[ame]https://youtu.be/gCn26r0JPBQ[/ame]

This was yesterday. At 3:05 the endcap flies off. :(
[ame]https://youtu.be/43c6FVXZFdg[/ame]

let me know what you think and what I still need to work on. Thanks

Dupe19

Addicted to Softballfans
You don't want to jam the endcap back in like that. It will mushroom the barrel and you'll never get it to stay in. Gotta just let it come out then glue it back in.

Hammer0220

Manager
My softball swing sucks so I'm not gonna comment on yours, but I share your frustration of not having a BP pitcher that can regularly throw strikes. That drives me nuts.

UTEFAN

Your timing is a lot better between the to videos but your still getting out on front foot to early causing you to hitch and use just your arm/hands to much

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd say a little more back leg collapse, you look kinda stiff when you swing. It will keep your weight and hands back longer when you stride. I would check Ken's Swing Makeover Series. I changed to starting with my hands below my shoulder and the knob already pointed at the ball. When striding, I just reach back a little bit with my hands, then throw my hips/hands at the same or nearly the same time.

Really simplified the timing for me. Oh, and get up in the box unless you have a pitcher who can consistently sky a 12' pitch to the back of the zone.

SoCalChappy619

Addicted to Softballfans
Hands look alright. I would just say you have to use your lower half a lot more if you want more power and exit speed. Got fire and clear your hips inline with your hands.

Rdd/Easton 10

The Veteran
I got a lot for ya fella....ur diving into the ball which means ur front foot is coming across and going toward the 2nd baseman which locks ur hips out from rotating. U are to linear into the ball and not enough rotation...take a weighted bat of some sort and swing it as hard as u can...feel it pull ur body around like it's screwing u into the ground...it will give u the feeling of rotating ur lower body through the ball....keep ur top hand on the bat longer...ur releasing it almost immediately after contact. ...that hand is going to give u more power if u leave it on longer...it will eventually come off but it will come off naturally due to it rotating through the ball correctly. ...now that will be 10 dollars:D

015reddog

Certified Slacker
Definitely an improvement from first video to the second video though. First video, it seemed like you were swinging too early. Second is way better. You're waiting on the ball more.