worlds in phx

who is going,i'll be there from the 12th thru the 23rd of oct.playing 60 AAA first weekend and 55 AA the second weekend.will have the 17th thru the 20th with nothing to do,anyone wanna hit or are there any games i can get into.

will be with the dallas spurs both weekends

Last edited:

CallaVett

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll be there the second week, playing 50AA with The Rock. This is our first trip to Phoenix for the World Championships. I'll swing by and say hello.

Steve
The Rock #21

curveball

Addicted to Softballfans
Bob. what fields are you at?

Also, answer to your question from another board; same reasons that you moved to Texas!!

floo56

Addicted to Softballfans
Just returned from Vegas 50's AAA (took 3rd), we heard that this is the last year for Phoenix...That the tourney will be held in Vegas next year! Can someone confirm this...Mahalo, Fabe

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
LVSSA & SSUSA ANNOUNCE TENTATIVE MERGER
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE • SEPTEMBER 16, 2011

FOR QUESTIONS:
• Fran Dowell / SSUSA / (916) 326.5303 / [email protected]
• George Fernandes / LVSSA / (702) 839.1347 / [email protected]

LVSSA & SSUSA ANNOUNCE TENTATIVE MERGER

LAS VEGAS – In a major merger that is expected to change the landscape of the sport, Las Vegas Senior Softball Association (LVSSA) and Senior Softball-USA (SSUSA) have reached tentative agreement on the main points of a joint venture that will produce the largest tournament in the history of the sport.

The combination of the LVSSA World Masters and the SSUSA Senior Softball World Championships is expected to draw 400 to 450 teams to Las Vegas from Sept. 28 through Oct. 7, 2012.

The new name is: The LVSSA/SSUSA World Masters Championships (WMC).

“This merger draws the best from both organizations – so it will be great for players,” said Terry Hennessy, Chief Executive Officer of Senior Softball-USA.

The Joint Operating Agreement covers both the combined “World Masters Championships” and the April “Spring Classic Southwest Championships” beginning in 2012.

The SSUSA Rules Committee will vote on the final provisions next week and the LVSSA Board, which has given preliminary approval, will vote on a few remaining issues in its October meeting.

“We believe this will be the largest and best tournament in Senior Softball,” said George Fernandes, President of LVSSA.

Teams will qualify for the WMC by playing in the Spring Classic or any of the 60 SSUSA Qualifiers and Regional Championships. The tournament will be administered by SSUSA, with LVSSA supplying many of the field directors and helping secure softball facilities.

The Winter World Championshipss, which have been held in Las Vegas for the past 10 years, will be moved to Phoenix in 2012. “Phoenix has been a great venue for the World Championships for the past five years,” said Hennessy, “and we think it will be a perfect spot for the Winter Worlds.”

Las Vegas Events (LVE), the Title Sponsor of the 2012 World Masters Championships, has been instrumental in providing the necessary support to create the largest senior softball tournament in the world.

"On behalf of Las Vegas Events, I am excited to once again host the Senior Softball World Masters Championships in Las Vegas starting in 2012," said MaryAnne Beaman, LVE's Vice President of Event Programming. "Our organization was created to showcase events such as yours in the world’s most exciting city - Las Vegas. We welcome Senior Softball players to Fabulous Las Vegas! We look forward to a long-term wonderful relationship," she said.

One of the critical issues in fashioning the Joint Operating Agreement was reaching a consensus on the rules. Fortunately, the rules were relatively close. A special joint rules committee is recommending largely adopting the LVSSA Major-Plus Rules and the SSUSA AA, AAA and Major rules.

The main rule changes are expected to include:

• Home run over the limit in AAA, Major and Major-Plus will be walks, not outs. Home runs over the limit for AA remain outs.
• Regional restrictions on California and Florida adopted last year by SSUSA are expected to be repealed. All states can draw from their home state and bordering states.

The joint committee studied the differences in LVSSA and SSUSA rules and proposed a compromise that drew rules from each. In addition, two LVSSA members have been appointed as permanent members of the SSUSA Rules Committee, which will meet at the SSUSA Convention in Florida in December to discuss other rule changes for 2012.

SSUSA will approve rosters and establish team ratings, with input from LVSSA.

The agreement takes effect beginning in the 2012 season.

Bob. what fields are you at?

Also, answer to your question from another board; same reasons that you moved to Texas!!

got cha on the move.......

for 60's will be at chavez(fri 14th) for seeding and desert west(15 -16th)for elim bracket.the 55's will be at rose mofford for everything(21-23 oct)......

who ya playing with this year.

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
I'll be there.. getting in on Thursday, Playing 50 Majors and 55 Majors... Hope to meet some of you there.. have a safe travel and Good Luck to all playing...

cableguy11

Addicted to Softballfans
I think my pops will be there...Not sure if he plays AAA or not...Is there a Masters team from TX? 60+.. Found it TX Makuli's is who he plays with.

-Art

I think my pops will be there...Not sure if he plays AAA or not...Is there a Masters team from TX? 60+.. Found it TX Makuli's is who he plays with.

-Art

art i know most of them,who he is,actually most of my team knows them,as they are mostly from dallas.

cableguy11

Addicted to Softballfans
Robert "Bobby" Saenz....:D I wish he would have told me earlier so I could go hang out with him. But I just found out this week he was heading out there. Oh well hopefully he will play again next year and I can sneak out to some tourneys with him.

-Art

Robert "Bobby" Saenz....:D I wish he would have told me earlier so I could go hang out with him. But I just found out this week he was heading out there. Oh well hopefully he will play again next year and I can sneak out to some tourneys with him.

-Art

bobby from san antonio,if so, i have played with him when we were 55's,MISSION SOFTBALL out of longview,tx..will say hi to him if possible.

I'll be there this coming weekend, 40+.

who ya playing for,i'll be there for this weekend and next....

1badtrain

Addicted to Softballfans
Man, I've started stretching as of this weekend. Larry has plans for me being in the outfield.
I got used to catching and DHing on my regular teams. Now in 40's I'm back in the outfield. I'll have to remember to pack some zipp lock bags to ice my knees!

HITTS

who is going,i'll be there from the 12th thru the 23rd of oct.playing 60 AAA first weekend and 55 AA the second weekend.will have the 17th thru the 20th with nothing to do,anyone wanna hit or are there any games i can get into.

will be with the dallas spurs both weekends

I be there for the 55AAA. you use our team letter under web name. We are easy to find. "ODB" like to meet ya.