Worst Middle Hit

packerbacker796

Bi-Polar as they Come
You've ever hit? None of the my hits back up the middle have actually hurt anyone other than maybe a small bruise. Been rocked hard a few times on the mound myself. Just wondering what happened when you hit middle on someone. Other night A guy hit one off the pitchers ankle. Worm Burner right off the bat and dude threw up in the dugout afterwards because it upset him so much.

bradblah

Weeeeee
Got a bunch of bones in my face & nose broken and had 2 black eyes for about 2 months...it was a good time.

Tedy Bruschi's brother smashed a laser back at my buddy pitching one night. Totally accidental, but it hit him in the stomach. He's got a little extra fat on his belly so it bruised up real nice. After a couple of days, the center got really hard and looked like a big yellow golfball with the most gnarly purple bruise around it. WORST MIDDLE INJURY I'VE SEEN. I know there are far worse, but worst I've seen.

rsantos1779

Starting Player
I have had the wind knocked out of me. Left a softball sized bruise on my ribs.

guy hit a great comebacker on me.I just couldnt get my glove on it. Knocked me to the ground. i needed about 5 minutes to get my wind back. finished the game pitching. The following few days my running was slowed down.

i pitch 4 times a week and never been hit like that.

rj_brown77

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit a pitcher in a league game about 3 or 4 years ago and broke his leg right above his ankle. It was an ASA league and I was hitting an og flex.

Schiffy

about a month ago in coed(SHUT THE **** UP...LOL) i hit a line drive up the middle and it went off the pitchers left shin towards 1st base. i being the nice guy i am, and not meaning to beam the guy walked towards the dugout after an apology, granted the way he was pitching he was getting lit up... 3 batters later Kassie(female) comes up and lines another shot off the same shin, only hers hit the inside. after the game he asked if we would autograph our knots we left on his leg and get a picture...
i think it might be so when he can walk again, he will remember our faces and shank us.

dubes23113

Addicted to Softballfans
i put one back on this older guys heart and knocked him down....scared the crap out of me i didnt even leave the box cause it wasnt worth it to me.....and well i was using my OG extended so ball was moving

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
I have never seriously hurt anyone, but I was playing in a benefit tournament here in my home town for a freind if mine that lost his life in a car accident. We were in the semi- finals playing a team that had a bunch of my buddies on it, the guy pitching was a guy I graduated highschool with. On a toatol accident I hit one of the hardest hits of my life right back up the middle! I have no idea how, but he was positioned with his glove in front of him and the ball hit the outside of his glove. He had literally no time to react! He told me he couldn't even see the ball it was just on him so fast! I have to admit it scarred the sh* t out of me. If it would have hit him it would have jacked him up!

pnpxtreme

Lights Out Sports
Hit middle last night on an older feller.. didn't mean it. walked into the dugout after I apologized. We ended up winning the league. Game before that, one of my buddies hits a rocket back up the middle on another old dude. Dude would have died if it hit him. yep.. pretty sure.

ehudmh

Left-Handed Assassin
Little backstory is needed for mine. A guy that worked in marketing for our company (marketing handled our sponsorship of our team at the time) decided he was going to coach one year. Guy was an ass. It was a company coed team, playing in a low level rec league...but you'd have thought we were playing Worlds with how hard he was on everybody, especially the girls who had obviously never played before. He eventually came to realize everybody hated him and quit playing altogether midseason. This was the summer season...fall season comes up, and as we go to get our check to pay for fees we are told that the company was no longer going to sponsor the team...and later came to find out that the guy was the reason the sponsorship was dropped. We scrambled to gather the funds to pay for the team for the fall.

First practice after the sponsorship was dropped, we are warming up when the douche has the nerve to show up intending to play. We told him he would have to pitch BP for that practice...our guys fully intended to at least make him dance. I led off BP, and my first pitch hit just above the ankle on the shinbone. He dropped like a rock, started crying and literally dragged himself to his car like a drama queen.

I've never felt so satisfied with hitting someone in my life.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Worst I have done to a pitcher, broke his middle two fingers, he pulled his golve off and his knuckles were about a half to 3/4 of an inch behind where they were suppossed to be.

Worst I have taken, got hit with a Ultra 2 and .49 core ball, when they were still legal, right above my ankle. Luckily it hit the outside part where there is a little meat. I ain't gonna lie, it hurt :D

Raz9396

Addicted to Softballfans
a pitcher in my league bout 7 years ago got hit in the face and borke his jaw...............really bad sound, haven't seen him since............

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
When I started playing I just swung for the fence everytime had no bat control at all . Smoked a ball right up middle pitcher just got his glove up front of face it still smashed him and his eye was swollen shut in minutes . I couldn't imagine if he hadn't got his glove up made me learn bat conrtol now I hit for the lines no need to kill someone to get a hit .

eolivares1976

LA Lawmen
Hit one up the middle unintentionally of course and hit him in the gut. I knew it was gonna happen though because he was pitching so high (16ft limit). I apologized after I ran to first.

about 2 months ago, I put a pitcher on crutches and found out today that he will need to use a cane for a while.

hit him right above his ankle on the inside..

Krisplocher

Addicted to Softballfans
hit a guy in the chest he was black and blue for a while but the worst one happend last year broke a guys foot it hit his foot bounced prob 30 feet in the air into shallow out field i felt real bad there whole team was going middle on us and he ran his mouth about nothing getting past him so i went up there to rock him i did and i felt like a d bag after i did it

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
i got hit in a tournament a cpl years ago by a line drive up the middle that hit me in the left thigh....left a perfect softball sized bruise that was black/yellow/purple for almost 3 months

cpl weeks ago i hit a ball middle on accident that hit the pitcher in the ankle/shin and flew to the grass in the outfield behind 2nd base, i felt like **** especially since it was an accident

bear's dad

1 Thess. 4:11
I accidentally hit one up the middle in a benefit tourney in May. Hit the poor pitcher's shin and left a huge knot. You could even see where the stitches were. I apologized profusely and my next AB I was so uptight I struck out swinging....... I guess we were even after that.

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
Ive seen a few. A guy on our team hit a line drive that went off the pitchers knee brace during his first game back from knee surgery re-hab. The pitcher was ok though which was great.

I saw a guy take one in the face, a girl pitcher took one in the stomach, a guy that had his shin shattered and many others.

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
My first tourney last year was ISA C and we were matched against the top seed in the tourney. I was the 4 hitter in the lineup so they played the 5 man infield on pull side. I tried hitting the gap on 2nd base side but put it a little too close to the pitcher. Hit him directly on the knee and broke it on the spot. I felt terrible because he was a good guy and i wasnt trying to do that. He was cool about it and knew I was trying to hit that hole. He still jokes with me when he sees me because now he wears shin guards and a mask.

cw0802

Addicted to Softballfans
about 7 years ago my wednesday night league consisted of 4 teams, two teams that were tourney teams who played in our league for batting practice, my team and another team of similar talent. My team was on really good terms with the other team of similar talent. We'd stick around after games and have some beers with each other. Occasionally if we needed subs and we were playing at different times we'd sub on each others teams. Just a good bunch of guys. Well, the week prior, one of the tourney teams (bunch of jerks) got tired of hitting gaps, so they decided to hit at players. They rocked the pitcher about 6 times. Fast forward to our game. I'm the number 4 hitter, and at the time i was straight pull and NEVER walked. He threw me one outside that would have walked me but i swung, hitting a one hopper that went off his shin. He threw his glove down and charged me. Not meaning to do it, i apologized up and down but nothing could be done to subdue him. He took a swing at me and missed, then his team got a hold of him. The ump knew we were all buddies and what had happened the week prior so he asked me if i wanted him ejected and banned for trying to hit me. I said "no, he's just a little sensitive to getting hit at right now". The next inning he popped up to second and instead of going back to his dugout he came down to 1st toward me. Took his hat off, stuck his hand out and apologized. So all in all, it was the worst up the middle hit i ever had, but cooler heads prevailed. After that, i learned to take outside pitches the other way and in 7 years, i can honestly say i have not gone up the middle. Some of you may say i'm a sissy cause going up the middle is all part of the game. Well, you're right it is part of the game but i'm good enough to control where i hit, and i choose to not hit right at the pitcher. When the games over, we still need to go home to families and get up for work in the morning.

redwards92

Addicted to Softballfans
When I was first learning how to hit I would always end up lining them at the pitcher but never on purpose.

never hit one either most that I lined had quick gloves lol

coolluvr4u1976

#1 bomb dropper
Well last yr, during league (nsa) the team we was suppose to play didnt have enough guys, so we just did some 7 on 7, no oppo hitting lol.... just for fun....

well the guy pitching on the other team gives me one right on the outside of the plate, and i went to hit the ball to RightCenter...... well I smoke the ball right back at him and he got part of his glove on it , but the ball hit him in the sack!!!!!! :eek:

I didnt even get outa the box and i went running to see if he was ok....

KenD17

Fantasy Football Expert
I had my knee cap basically shattered about 15 years ago. I was playing on a crappy field that had a baseball mound. After throwing a pitch, I backed up while moving slightly over to the SS side. The batter hit a pissle up the middle that hit the 3rd base-side edge of the baseball pitching rubber and deflected at just the right angle to hit me square in my knee cap. Kept me out over a year.

Softball101tc

Addicted to Softballfans
When I was first learning how to hit I would always end up lining them at the pitcher but never on purpose.

never hit one either most that I lined had quick gloves lol

That's because you don't hit hard enough...:D I'm just busting your chops. Middle intentionally = ng2g

lOOkatme

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit a lot of balls up the middle......I play tournies....and if the other team plays 4 man infield and outfield....the large holes/gaps in the field exist in the middle of the field....and if they choose to place those gaps there....thats where I try to hit the ball. I have yet to outright hit someone....but I have hit some pitchers in the feet/ankle area....unintentionally.....and I have had a team or two almost want to fight me.......but when I told the pitcher to turn around and look back....he noticed where the gaps in the field were.

Against one of the teams....we hit the pitcher about 5 times.....we don't hit at him.....its because we have a strong team and we can't hit the ball in the air otherwise its a HRO......so we hit the ball flat. When playing a 4 man IF and OF....the gaps are up the middle. I think two things should happen. Teams should consider playing a 5 man IF.....and "D" level ball should consider giving 5-10 HR's. The power hitters will not hit lazers anymore.....and prevent some of these occurances.

G&Tbats

Addicted to Softballfans
Ive never hurt a pitcher, but i dont hit middle much, if i do go middle, I swing down and watch em dance, dont like getting snaped offed ijs.

hamiltonra25

Star Player
Not exactly up the middle but it happened pretty recently (month ago) so i figured id post it.

Tourney in fort atkinson, wi. fields were sh*tty, balls were taking HORRIBLE bounces since it was all dirt infield.

hit a hard lazer towards short, dude went down on one knee for some reason, and the ball just ricochets towards his dome.

clipped him hard in the left eye. walked over after i tagged first......

dudes eye was completely shut, black & blue, and was bigger than the softball. this was only 30 seconds after it happened

sounded like a headshot in call of duty, just a ping off the old dome

felt bad, but got a single.