worst you've seen an ump get drilled?

packerbacker796

Bi-Polar as they Come
was listening to some old school umps talk about battle wounds they've had. one said he had his collar bone broken i keep thinking how in da hell did that happen? most were open cuts and bruises.

Classax

Act Like You Know
Lets see I've seen blus get:: broken nose from a foul tip, knocked cold by a thrown bat and a broken nose on an errant throw from second to the plate that catcher missed.

devils5607

Professional Douchebag
I know one ump got drilled in the balls, it busted one of his nuts into 2 pieces, so now he rolls with 3 in the sack

spartyfaith

Addicted to Softballfans
Ump caught a foul ball and had stitch marks on his forehead the rest of tourney other was ump caught a ball from outfield throw in the head that dropped him, he was out cold for a few minutes, tough son of a gun finished the game with a probable concussion.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
I know one ump whose mask got cracked when she took a pitch straight to the mask.

I've seen another umpire catch a foul ball in the nose. Blood everywhere.

I've taken a throw just below the twig and giggleberries that left a bruise for over 3 weeks and hurt for another 3 weeks.

One umpire in our association got a concussion from a thrown ball. That was a few months ago, and I don't think he's been back since.

**** happens out there.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Saw an UMP drop over from a heat stroke in a tournament a few years back.

Seen that, too. Hell, even I'm a little cooked from a tournament this weekend. 95° weather, moderate humidity, and did 5 games straight. Thank goodness I usually keep myself pretty well hydrated.

JohnnyH

Addicted to Softballfans
We had a young umpire killed here from a batted ball a few years ago. Very sad situation.