Worth Launch 650...

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
For those that have hit this ball can you help me out with a couple of questions...

How well do these hold up?

How did you enjoy hitting them?

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Any reason you're looking to get some? They kinda ruined one of my teammates...made him think he's a HR hitter, and now he flies out constantly.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Any reason you're looking to get some? They kinda ruined one of my teammates...made him think he's a HR hitter, and now he flies out constantly.

I was asked to run a private tourney and HR derby. Alot of these guys are athletes, but aren't experienced softball players. So I convinced my work to make it really fun and get these balls and go bat provided for the tourney. We'll use classic M's for the tourney portion and the Worth Launch 650's for the derby.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Make sure the pitcher has a screen in the Derby! But using those balls for a derby will be fun.

I'm getting one of those as well!!!

They are Fun to hit and hold up well, but your bat may not.

Bat provided. Going with L1s and B1s and I get to keep them at the end of the tourney. Some guys might bring their own.

I don't know how well they hold up, hit mine so far I lost em all.

Exactly what I like to hear.

I've got 10 brand new if your interested! They are great balls...........

We bought 4 dozen. If we need more I'll hit you up.

Mild Sauce

Won't Cheat
The launches hold up great. It's what we use for BP and we don't have any complaints. We actually mixed in some softer balls to help with all the bats we're breaking.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Launch 650s are like swinging glass in 40 degree temps, the ball flys like a mofo and bats break quick.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
I was asked to run a private tourney and HR derby. Alot of these guys are athletes, but aren't experienced softball players. So I convinced my work to make it really fun and get these balls and go bat provided for the tourney. We'll use classic M's for the tourney portion and the Worth Launch 650's for the derby.

Ah, OK. Balls will be great for the derby. Depending on when you're running the tourney you may want to have some backup bats, as M's in the cold are absolute rocks.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Launch 650s are like swinging glass in 40 degree temps, the ball flys like a mofo and bats break quick.

Hoping these bats last the day. Easton makes tanks so I'm hoping.

Ah, OK. Balls will be great for the derby. Depending on when you're running the tourney you may want to have some backup bats, as M's in the cold are absolute rocks.

It's gonna be cold. Beginning of Jan in St. George, UT. Should be around 40-50 degrees.

I pm'd coach and he responded once. Asked for my zip. I responded back and never heard from him again. Oh well.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
I pm'd coach and he responded once. Asked for my zip. I responded back and never heard from him again. Oh well.

He's not online all the time. If you want a immediate response, call 'em up. :)

1-800-672-0822

Zarkoff500

Addicted to Softballfans
In my experience these balls are pretty ridiculous when the temps are 60 or higher but the performance seemed to drop considerably when it was in the 50's or lower. I'm not sure if it was because the barrels were flexing less or increased comp or a combo of the two. Also, the composite cover's outer later started to peel off when it got wet and hit something hard. Another vote for the ultimate evils as they will be nicer on the bats with the higher cor and more durable synthetic covers.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
image.php

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
I almost flew out to St. George last year for work! What company do you work for?

St George is a great place to play some ball. The HeatStroker in the middle of the summer is an absolute blast. I live/work a bit north of there in Provo, Ut. I work for Vivint. We do security, home automation and solar.

I concur :thumb:

Was gonna go with Evils and never got a response back from Coach. Didn't want to PM you cause of how funny everyone is about the whole dealer thing.

In my experience these balls are pretty ridiculous when the temps are 60 or higher but the performance seemed to drop considerably when it was in the 50's or lower. I'm not sure if it was because the barrels were flexing less or increased comp or a combo of the two. Also, the composite cover's outer later started to peel off when it got wet and hit something hard. Another vote for the ultimate evils as they will be nicer on the bats with the higher cor and more durable synthetic covers.

This saddens me a bit. Hopefully they hold up. The purchase has already been made and they're sitting at my house. Want them to hold up cause I get to keep them at the end of the tourney.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought some of the utimate evils for a tournament this sat, any bat/any ball, and it didnt make to lack of teams. Now i have a dozen of those in my closet

zanderson59

Addicted to Softballfans
ive hit the launch 650 in a few different HR derby's.
they are fun as hell.. they will hold up fine!

P.S. you will lose some. they fly!

ToddVenom20

Banned User
The launches hold up great. It's what we use for BP and we don't have any complaints. We actually mixed in some softer balls to help with all the bats we're breaking.

Ummmm...not sure why you would want to use them for BP :confused:

Guess people need to feel good?

BigSwede

Addicted to Softballfans
I've used them for my HR Derby two desperate times. They fly well but IMO they don't hold up well and are too hard on bats to use for BP. After 10-15 hits on them they seem to go dead. I liked the Apex balls better and are much easier on bats.

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans
Bat breakers ... But are to. Of fun to hit . I hit one with a juice 500ft, felt like a man for a min

Zarkoff500

Addicted to Softballfans
This saddens me a bit. Hopefully they hold up. The purchase has already been made and they're sitting at my house. Want them to hold up cause I get to keep them at the end of the tourney.

It was just the outer layer of the cover and didn't seem to affect performance.

slomaro

Addicted to Softballfans
If it's going to be 40-50 degrees nice classic Ms would fly well . Anything top of the line .

Or Dudley usssa stadiums are also great HR derby balls !!