Worth Launch 650...

cyoung187

Coach
I love the stadium zns as well. They fly just as well, hold up longer, and are slightly nicer on bats. I haven't tried the ultimate evils though.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
1 more question... How much difference in distance would you expect from a standard 44/375 to a HR derby type ball?

Qoheleth52

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a dozen Ultimate Evils and I would say they may have 20-30 feet on a good 44/375 at 300' HR distance. They fly but the difference is not as much as you would expect. Some of my longest HRs have been with the Dudley Thunder Advance 44/375.

Zarkoff500

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a dozen Ultimate Evils and I would say they may have 20-30 feet on a good 44/375 at 300' HR distance. They fly but the difference is not as much as you would expect. Some of my longest HRs have been with the Dudley Thunder Advance 44/375.

I have found this to be true as well with around a 10% increase in distance with derby balls. Not huge but significant. I've found that I consistently hit farther with derby balls (to be expected). What I mean is, lets say when the stars align, your max distance with a non-derby ball is 300'. With a derby ball, that occasional 300' could become the occasional 330'. Your typical hit will still have around 10% more distance due to the balls resulting in more balls carrying your previous max distance of 300'.

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
Hey Cade, we hit the Launch 650's in Palm Springs this past weekend in the Derby. One word....RETARDED!!!!! Dudes were hitting critters with these balls. I definitely recommend them.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Hey Cade, we hit the Launch 650's in Palm Springs this past weekend in the Derby. One word....RETARDED!!!!! Dudes were hitting critters with these balls. I definitely recommend them.

Sweet. That's what I like to hear. Hoping it turns some non HR hitters into just that.

I do not recommend hitting these balls...unless your team is sponsored by REI. Sure hitting HRs is fun, but tracking down these balls after being hit takes expedition level efforts. We held a HR derby for underprivelidged children (age 6-10) and they were hitting bombs that landed in other counties. Seriously, if you purchase these balls you may want to look into renting some sherpas and a yak so you don't have to shag them. At one point a ball was hit so far it showed up in North Korean airspace and Kunsan had to scramble fighters. I mean, these balls are ridiculous, Verne Troyer goes yard with them.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
I do not recommend hitting these balls...unless your team is sponsored by REI. Sure hitting HRs is fun, but tracking down these balls after being hit takes expedition level efforts. We held a HR derby for underprivelidged children (age 6-10) and they were hitting bombs that landed in other counties. Seriously, if you purchase these balls you may want to look into renting some sherpas and a yak so you don't have to shag them. At one point a ball was hit so far it showed up in North Korean airspace and Kunsan had to scramble fighters. I mean, these balls are ridiculous, Verne Troyer goes yard with them.

Dude, where have you been? Please do us a favor and leave some bat reviews.