Worth Triple Crown XL Reload

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Finally broke out the Triple Crown last night. A teammate and I put about 40 swings on it before our league game. I'm not a big "hot out of the wrapper" guy but I must say this felt pretty damn good from the start. Between the two of us we hit more than I expected out in those first 40 swings. If this opens up a little more it should be really good. Not enough to put down my Freak12 with 800+ swings good....but not a bad option to say the least!

alteredzx

Bazinga
I am around 250 swings on mine now. It finally feels like it is opening up. I really don't think it was any near being hot out of the wrapper.

House00

Slingin' lead!
i have about 60 hits or so on my TC and the barrel is beginning to soften up... still has a slight ping but its beginning to go away. The ball jumps right off and distance is good out of the wrapper and feels like its getting better with every swing. I was using a mix of classic M gold dot and NSA hot dots and had no issues getting some balls out there in the 320-350 (i hit one just over the 350' fence on a baseball field) range after about 45 swings. It feels about the same as my ressy did at the same point and after 100 hits my ressy is straight fire; it has the softest barrel ive ever felt on an post abi bat lol... the weighting and el of the TC is about the same as the grey/pink jh legit and lighter than the watermelon i swung in the same weight. The bat feels great so far and i would recommend getting one if youre considering... i normally swing 27 so i went with a 26.5 and i am pleased with the weighting and endload of this bat.

jimmy2

Addicted to Softballfans
i have about 60 hits or so on my TC and the barrel is beginning to soften up... still has a slight ping but its beginning to go away. The ball jumps right off and distance is good out of the wrapper and feels like its getting better with every swing. I was using a mix of classic M gold dot and NSA hot dots and had no issues getting some balls out there in the 320-350 (i hit one just over the 350' fence on a baseball field) range after about 45 swings. It feels about the same as my ressy did at the same point and after 100 hits my ressy is straight fire; it has the softest barrel ive ever felt on an post abi bat lol... the weighting and el of the TC is about the same as the grey/pink jh legit and lighter than the watermelon i swung in the same weight. The bat feels great so far and i would recommend getting one if youre considering... i normally swing 27 so i went with a 26.5 and i am pleased with the weighting and endload of this bat.

this is more great news!!!
Thanks to Brother ser7643 a 26.5 TC is coming North of the Border!!! Super jacked to hit it!.

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
Took the wrapper off mine at league last night and took 3 swings and 2 were HR's and one was base hit down the line. Definitely stiff out of wrapper but feels similar to any other new worth or Miken. Endload is minor but there for a 26.

jimmy2

Addicted to Softballfans
well i must say i am extremly happy with this bat.
i also think it is different then the melon.
I swung a 27.5 melon niw and it didnt compare to the TC at all...
the TC was alot better bat IMO, good line shots, solid crack sound. only have 100 swings on it and expect more distance as it opens up more

WillW3

Starting Player
I'll get to swing one Friday, along with lots of other good stuff, so hopefully I can get some cuts good enough to give feedback

Rallycap

Star Player
I do not think this bat differs in weighting from the Watermelon. I have access to one of each and they feel identical to me. Both are great bats. If you are a collector, then pick up the TC for the paint job. If you just want a great performing bat in your ideal weight & want to save a few bucks, go with the Watermelon. I don't think getting one over the other is going to make any legit difference in the way you swing the bat. Just my 2 cents.

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
Mine is opening up nicely. About 100 hits from regular BP Dudley ZN's. Some beat up and some newer. Ball has great exit velocity and distance is decent. Easily hitting out of 300 ft fields since swing one and balls through the infield are going by quickly. Still has a pingy sound so it hasn't changed yet to a deep crack sound.

saints15

Addicted to Softballfans
It might just be me but the feel and performance of this bat reminds me alot of last years freak black

THESHOE

Starting Player
Get a 400 hit Flex in that herd. I've been either swinging Flex or Hawk lately, nothing else...

I've had access to Watermelon and TC, and while great, it's the same Legit big barrel sweet spot that doesn't suit me great.

I will. Should have the Nighthawk, both 4TF, melon, triple crown, Ressy, new green psycho, and a JH Lite.

WillW3

Starting Player
Just got finished. We had a big container of lots of different stuff including 52's, M's, stadiums, 525's, and bp rockets, so each bat saw a little of everything. Ended up with a new 27 oz Ressy with no swings, 26.5 Melon with less than 100 swings, 27.5 TC with maybe 25 swings, a 27 oz red Fallen with maybe 100 swings, a 27 oz Nighthawk with around 250 swings, and my blue 27 oz Fallen with around 400 swings.

Weight-wise, the TC felt the best between the Ressy, TC, and Watermelon. The Melon and Ressy had a pretty similar weighting to them. To me, they all have similar barrel feel and feedback, with the TC being a tad softer than the other two. The Resmondo came out of the gates performing better than the TC and Melon. From swing one, it was clearly better than the other 2. Not saying the others won't get there because I believe they will.

None of those 3 could touch the Nighthawk though. I hit 10 balls with it and put it away. That bat is the real deal for sure. Has a crisper barrel feel and everything I hit jumped off the barrel.

As far as the two Fallens go, they feel very similar. I'd say the red is a little softer and a little better from the get go, but both are excellent bats, and I'll have both in my bag all the time.

single wally

Professional Amateur
Nice review. How does the weighting of the 27.5 TC compare to your 27.5 Future? Was the Nighthawk similar to the Ressy out of the wrapper or did it take some swings to start opening up? Teammate of mine picked up a TC and hopefully he'll be able to make pregame BP so I can check it out myself.

WillW3

Starting Player
Nice review. How does the weighting of the 27.5 TC compare to your 27.5 Future? Was the Nighthawk similar to the Ressy out of the wrapper or did it take some swings to start opening up? Teammate of mine picked up a TC and hopefully he'll be able to make pregame BP so I can check it out myself.
Future to me has such a unique swing weight. It has a good end load, but the 12" barrel makes it smooth as butter. The TC felt more along the lines of last year's freak black, red knob DC, Canadian Psycho as far as weighting.

The Nighthawk performance was pretty gtg out the gates. I would probably give the edge to the Ressy as far as good out the wrapper, but 50 hits or less on either and you've got a firestick.