WSC NBVFW Softall League

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
2015 information is out. www.nbvfwsoftball.com

$500 includes player fees (unlimited players)

$100 year end tournament (3 game guarantee)

Balls this year to be provided by teams. 52/300 Dudley.

New stadium Lights on diamond 1. New drainage system, New retaining wall. Fencing repairs.
Diamond 2 mix, Stadium lights on diamond 2 for 2016.

LEAGUES BEING OFFERED IN 2015.

Monday Night - COED, MENS

Tuesday - MENS UPPER, MENS LOWER

Wednesday - MENS UPPER, MENS LOWER - 2015 will feature no crossover games. Just UPPER VS UPPER, LOWER VS LOWER

Thursday - WOMENS, MENS

FRIDAY - KICKBALL COED, MENS

Questions let me know. Look forward to seeing you guys out at the park.

brewcrews

Where is the LIKE button. I know we will be back for Monday and Wednesday's again.
And make sure you put us in the upper again on Wednesdays I think we will be under a new name this year.

Last edited:

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
This is cheap.

We have the cheapest leagues in SE WI. If there is one cheaper I'd like to see it. We did the provide the balls thing last year, its expensive and alot of time chasing down balls and hoping guys don't run off with them. We made $17000 worth of improvements to the park last year and $40000 will be made this spring. We raised our fees $15 total. I made $0 last year running this place. its not a cash grab, Its trying to cover all the expenses. We welcome other ideas and things to keep costs down too. I"m not saying I have all the right answers by anymeans, just trying to make another quality park to play at.

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
Where is the LIKE button. I know we will be back for Monday and Wednesday's again.
And make sure you put us in the upper again on Wednesdays I think we will be under a new name this year.

Just fill out the registration form on the website when you can.

Toad_1

I can't hit
The league fees are more than fair.

In the Madison area we enjoy lower fees because of crappy ballfields, sub-par umpire/managing, really low level competition, participation and general lack of interest.

If the Milwaukee area wasn't an hour or more away I'd love to pay the higher fees in order to play better competition and enjoy some 6' pitching. I'll always appreciate the aggressive style of play and banter you find in that area. I miss seeing and playing/hitting with the players from the SE corner of the state. Just wish I lived closer.

Toad_1

I can't hit
I meant it was cheap compared to city, county & Saratoga.

If the Madison guy thought this was expensive how cheap is it to pay there?

This all depends on which location/town you play at. Madison MSCR generally runs about $30-40 per player. Fitchburg $15-20 per. Stoughton $35-45 per. Sun Prairie $20-30 per. Waunakee ?. Oregon $20-30 per. Cottage Grove $20-30. Monona $20-30. Etc.

But all of this depends on sponsorship requirements for some leagues as well, usually running about $500 per team.

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
This all depends on which location/town you play at. Madison MSCR generally runs about $30-40 per player. Fitchburg $15-20 per. Stoughton $35-45 per. Sun Prairie $20-30 per. Waunakee ?. Oregon $20-30 per. Cottage Grove $20-30. Monona $20-30. Etc.

But all of this depends on sponsorship requirements for some leagues as well, usually running about $500 per team.

So this league is very similar its $500 plus balls. The tourny is extra some teams don't play but to cover expenses I have to charge. You would not believe how much simple things like lights are to cost to turn on. I understand alot more about running a park after a year. We have kept our costs down as much as physically possible.

sjury

The Old Man
Try going out east, or out west, some of those leagues are $500 to $1000 plus balls and $10 a game for the umpire, plus a player fee of $15 to $50. I just talked to a guy in Jersey and his team spends over $1200 on registration, umpires and balls per night!

JD17

Addicted to Softballfans
Kewaskum (just north of west bend) upper/lower divisions 7-8 teams /division
2 very nice lighted diamonds
$350/team includes unlimited player fees, balls DeMarini 52/300 Stones, umpires 6-10ft arc,etc.
6 hrs (upper)
League Champs- Best Record $100.00
Playoffs- Double Elim Tourney $250.00 1st-$150.00 2nd- $75.00 3rd

Matt1336

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^^this and very good competition. The league is always looking for good new teams/players. Pm me if you're interested.

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
Kewaskum (just north of west bend) upper/lower divisions 7-8 teams /division
2 very nice lighted diamonds
$350/team includes unlimited player fees, balls DeMarini 52/300 Stones, umpires 6-10ft arc,etc.
6 hrs (upper)
League Champs- Best Record $100.00
Playoffs- Double Elim Tourney $250.00 1st-$150.00 2nd- $75.00 3rd

Sounds nice but this isn't exactly in SE WI. I wish we could have fees that cheap, but thats just not even possible. I was more referring to Brookfield, Waueksha, Milwaukee, Greenfield, New Berlin Etc. How does that place even break even on those fees? Is there a BAR/Restaurant? How many games are the leagues? Do they get the balls donated? We spent $4000 on softballs alone in 2014. Curious how they keep the costs down.

Matt1336

Addicted to Softballfans
It's in the community's park. so the village takes care of all the maintenance and some improvements. We've held fundraising tournaments for additions to the buildings and a new scoreboard. Umps make $20 a game....I think. Balls are provided. The league director volunteers as do the consession stand workers. Cheap beer.......only $6 a pitcher.
There are plenty of Guys that drive close to an hour to play up here every Thursday. There are teams made up of guys from the old subway team, sals, bottoms up and a few other teams that run the area tourney circuit.....just for reference so you might be able to gauge the level of competition in the league.

sjury

The Old Man
If fields around here don't make money they turn into condos. It's nice that Kewaskum has the backing of the town and runs on volunteers and fund raisers, but that's not the norm.

renzi11

Manager
Sheboygan league fees for the Upper division (which had 3 teams in it last year)...

$225 team fee plus $35 a player, so typically falling somewhere in the $650-$700 range per team. Balls are provided and we play an 18-game, two-night-a-week schedule from late May though the end of July. Playoffs the first two weeks in August.

Just to give some more perspective on different league costs.

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
It's in the community's park. so the village takes care of all the maintenance and some improvements. We've held fundraising tournaments for additions to the buildings and a new scoreboard. Umps make $20 a game....I think. Balls are provided. The league director volunteers as do the consession stand workers. Cheap beer.......only $6 a pitcher.
There are plenty of Guys that drive close to an hour to play up here every Thursday. There are teams made up of guys from the old subway team, sals, bottoms up and a few other teams that run the area tourney circuit.....just for reference so you might be able to gauge the level of competition in the league.

I can tell you our biggest expense besides umps is lights and field prep. We paid nearly $15k to get our fields ready to play every night. It costs us around $150 a night to prep our 3 fields and that doesn't include the two pallets of diamond dry we need. I can see how they can keep their costs down if the community pays for those things. Our electric bill is about $1000 a month. Plus we pay Rent to the VFW. I'm not trying to come across as complaining just trying to explain where some of the expenses are. I'm definitely open to any idea to keep costs down.

rybred23

Starting Player
What about all turf? Yes it is a HUGE expense at first but after its installed, there is no nightly maintenance. I played on your fields before in some weekend tournaments and I didnt think the fields were that terrible. But that was about 5 years ago.

WarHorse

Star Player
I can tell you our biggest expense besides umps is lights and field prep. We paid nearly $15k to get our fields ready to play every night. It costs us around $150 a night to prep our 3 fields and that doesn't include the two pallets of diamond dry we need. I can see how they can keep their costs down if the community pays for those things. Our electric bill is about $1000 a month. Plus we pay Rent to the VFW. I'm not trying to come across as complaining just trying to explain where some of the expenses are. I'm definitely open to any idea to keep costs down.

I'm not sure how marshall does it, but they're 250 a team (ad says 200 a team but I remember 250 for some reason). I think the difference is made up in concessions and tournaments. Self umped by the team that played prior and not really any conflicts over it.

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
What about all turf? Yes it is a HUGE expense at first but after its installed, there is no nightly maintenance. I played on your fields before in some weekend tournaments and I didnt think the fields were that terrible. But that was about 5 years ago.

I don't have that kind of money or credit to put in turf. Thats not an option.

We redid field 1 and took out a huge lip on field 2. The fields are definitely improving. We've put work in.

brewcrews

I've played at the VFW before WSC took over and from what WSC did to improve the fields is way better now then what it was. That lip on diamond #2 and or #1 was bad and the lights have gotten better. I'm sure every field arond here would love turf but I don't see that happening any time soon. The cost WSC charges is a pretty good cost for around here.

WiscBdevils06

Addicted to Softballfans
BUMP.....Lighting has been ordered. Can't wait to see the new lights on diamond 1. League sign up going strong. Let me know if you have any questions.