Yoga workout advice

LSU_MJL

WHO DAT!!!
Does anyone have any advice on good yoga dvds to check out? (yes, I've already googled and searched ebay, looking for someone with first hand experience)

I have P90X but I simply don't have 90 minutes to invest in doing yoga. Looking for something more around the half hour range.

Also, for those of you that do yoga, what are the main benefits you've experienced personally? I'd like to try it out on a more consistent basis.

wcoastsoftball

Does anyone have any advice on good yoga dvds to check out? (yes, I've already googled and searched ebay, looking for someone with first hand experience)

I have P90X but I simply don't have 90 minutes to invest in doing yoga. Looking for something more around the half hour range.

Also, for those of you that do yoga, what are the main benefits you've experienced personally? I'd like to try it out on a more consistent basis.

I am not a yoga fan, but why not do 30 minutes of the 90x DVD, then the next time do the next 30 minutes.

Zarkoff500

Addicted to Softballfans
I am not a yoga fan, but why not do 30 minutes of the 90x DVD, then the next time do the next 30 minutes.

Agreed. The first 45 minutes of the P90X yoga is the strength portion and the last 45 is the balance, abs and stretching which isn't a bad way to break it up and all portions are important. With yoga you will have better core strength, balance and flexibility. I'd say all of those things are important for athletics :) If you have a stronger core and are more flexible, you should generate more torque when you swing (softball, golf, tennis, etc) which equals more power.

Last edited:

MichelleG

Addicted to Softballfans

This is what I do. Take about 20 minutes of the "moving" yoga, skip to the balance poses and the stretches. Some of the positions they get into in the latter parts of the moving section are difficult for beginners anyway. The X-stretch DVD is good as well, and it's shorter.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have yoga shows on Fit TV on DirectTV. I've done a few of the beginner ones, but I've lost some ROM in my knee from ACL surgery and can't do everything. I think all stretching makes me feel better although I never stick with it.

Flash

<font color="#7AC5CD">Ice Queen</font>
Go to Amazon and look for the Yoga Zone DVDs. Each workout is a little more than 20 minutes long. It's a great way to wake up in the morning.

Or ... you could just Torrent them and burn them like I did. I wouldn't worry about the royalties. The company went **** up years ago.