You make the call

HAT MAN

Addicted to Softballfans
2 runners going home to line. Both side by side. Both called out. Reason was could not be side by side when crossing line. First runner leaned forward and extended arms like in a running race to be before the second runner. So is the call wrong? Right? 1 safe 1 out?
Throw was off so no play that way

Banero

Addicted to Softballfans
2 runners going home to line. Both side by side. Both called out. Reason was could not be side by side when crossing line. First runner leaned forward and extended arms like in a running race to be before the second runner. So is the call wrong? Right? 1 safe 1 out?

I would agree, both out. It's when your feet touch or cross the line in senior ball, not the rest of your body.

What's It 2 Ya?

Addicted to Softballfans

HAT MAN

Addicted to Softballfans
dumb or not, that's not the point. The umpires want to learn so ask me what the right call is often or give me scenarios so they get better. I have never seen this is tourney play but its a good question. The rule says cross the line but does not say the foot so in that case bother runners are safe as the arms crossed for the first guy then the second guy crossed.

HAT MAN

Addicted to Softballfans
Actually, that is the point. They were both being dumb.

No it would be the point if the post was tell me if these guys were dumb or not for doing this.

I can dumb it down for you. The thread would start:

Some people are idiots

then I would show your response.

That would be the point of the thread. See what I did there?

smoke

50AAA USA National Champs
in all the senior ball I've played, its when the foot hits the ground. As far as being outs, I think only one out should be called as the second runner scored before the first