Your best comeback

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
down 19 with time running out on clock, made last out to get the next inning started before time ran out
kept them scoreless in their half...scored 20 for a wlk off win

ump was pissed we made the game run 30min over....sorry katzy

stoopidwon

I Am OG Noob!!!
We was down by 15 once after 3 and the dumb ump called the game. I had a really good feeling that we were just about to mount our comeback. This is a silly thread.

B-Modified semi's. down 3-9, bottom 7, 2 outs, runners on 1st and second. one at a time come back and win 10-9, i had game tying rbi. best win because it to win it too every player to do something and one at a time we did. won the division next week. that was a good night.

Dr. Funkenstein

Addicted to Softballfans
We are home team Down 15-0, with 2 outs and nobody on in the 3rd inning about to be spread. Squeaked across a run. Held them scoreless in the 4th while we score 24 runs. Held them scoreless in the 5th to spread them 25-15.
Brag post. What's your best comeback?

Down 16 heading into the top of the 6th (no run rule, just that the leading team can only bat around once when they're up 10+) in a winner's bracket game against a team that hadn't lost in five years. Scored 20 in the top, they scored 6 more in the bottom, we respond with 7 more in the 7th. Bottom 7, they load the bases with two outs and a guy who's already hit three bombs, he gets on top of one and the LC makes a diving catch to win it.

For a postscript, they went down to the loser's bracket final and won 38-1, came back to play us, made sure to let us know they'd won 38-1, and we beat them again. Most fun I've ever had winning a softball game.

Big D

In the Batter's Box
Chasing 10 bottom of 7. 10straight hits and a walk off grand slam we didn't make an out in the 7th. A memorable loss I was apart of team put up a bunch in the top of 7 we were chasing 20 runs going into bottom of 7 and made a good run at it but lost by 3.

brees6221

Addicted to Softballfans
From the opposing catcher Monday night after they made an inning-ending double play:

"Yeah baby, we got more DP's than *******!!"

SandyWH

#Delicious
Down 18-0 after 1. We were a crappy rec league team formed by spare parts and guys that wrote their names on a piece of paper. Facing a team that literally just won the NSA state title 3 weeks prior. Chipped away and chipped away. By the 4th is was 26-17 them. In the bottom of the 5th we scored 14 runs. Ended up winning the game 32-29. Never in my life did I think that squad would come back from that.

Best personal comeback:
Whenever someone shoots middle and I don't glove it....."I've been hit harder by better"

Youcallthemlogs

Extra Hitter
I have three and if you read them you'll understand why I can't pick just one.

#1. We had turned the corner and became the best team in our area. So we were playing in a benefit tourney and ran into a team of older guys who used to be the best team in our area and for some reason still thought they were even though they didn't play together any more. One of their players asked me if I wanted to open up the hr limit and I politely declined and said we'd stick with 5. He made a comment that insulted my manhood so in an instant I agreed to open it up and laughed as I walked away. It wasn't that we couldn't keep up with them hr for hr just knew we could base hit them to death too. Anyway, we won the toss and elected to take home team. We blanked the first two innings and they were up 9-0 going to bottom of 3rd. We woke up and put up 27 in bottom of 3rd, 17 of which were with 2 outs. They got 2 in top of 4th to make it 27-11. We put up 17 more in bottom of 4th to make it 44-11. They blanked in bottom of 5th and that was all she wrote! I got accused of my OG Freak being too hot even though they were swinging a player model SB34 Genesis. Both teams hitting 47-525's mind you..LOL!

#2. Same group of guys the following year were playing ISA State and ran into a good team from north part of the state. Other team was up 14 runs with 17 mins left to play in what I'm pretty sure was going into the bottom of 5th inning. Our P and C had gotten into a bad, cuss out argument the inning before and we were all pissed at each other and ready to fight. Well, somehow me managed to hit for the next 17 mins and ended up leaving the other team on the field. That was our highlight for the day though unfortunately.

Of those 3, I can't really pick a favorite because they were all different. Man I miss those days!

Not sure 3rd one was a comeback. Helped you out.

g8orguy

Addicted to Softballfans
We knocked off the #1 seed in the double elimination tournament and made it to the finals. The #1 seed rolled through the losers bracket to meet us in the finals for a rematch. They were way better than us and stomped us in the first game 22-7 in 5 innings. We're getting ready to start the 2nd game when the #1 seed reminds the ump that there is no mercy rule in the finals. They ran up the score and probably beat us by 30.

In the 5th inning of the second game they started running out of steam. We chipped away at the lead and were only down 7 in the bottom of the 7th. Scored 8 (6 runs with 2 outs) for the win. If they would have accepted beating us by only 15 in game 1 I'm sure they would have won game 2.

Stinks for them.

coldengineer

Star Player
Semifinals in league playoffs. Cold Engineer is a new pitcher, and this is ASA. Last inning as home team, Cold Engineer goes to deliver a pitch and stops half way through his delivery because the batter jumped out of the box screaming "TIME!". He did it on purpose to draw a walk to walk in a run, and it worked; they called a balk on Cold Engineer.

Well, down several runs, Cold Engineer gets a base hit and is the winning run on 1st. Guy behind Cold Engineer hits a gapper and Cold Engineer is directed to run home by the third base coach. The opposing team's catcher is the same guy who did the stunt to get Cold Engineer to balk. Cold Engineer narrowly beats a tag to score the winning run.

Cold Engineer then proceeded to do a little dance calling for time, in the batters box, immediately after the game was won, right in the catcher's face.

Justice.

ryanclink

goes hard your way catch
Best Comeback - Your Mom Does! Ay'ohh.

My team has dropped a championship with 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th (6 runs allowed). FAIL

Softball101tc

Addicted to Softballfans

#1. We had turned the corner and became the best team in our area. So we were playing in a benefit tourney and ran into a team of older guys who used to be the best team in our area and for some reason still thought they were even though they didn't play together any more. One of their players asked me if I wanted to open up the hr limit and I politely declined and said we'd stick with 5. He made a comment that insulted my manhood so in an instant I agreed to open it up and laughed as I walked away. It wasn't that we couldn't keep up with them hr for hr just knew we could base hit them to death too. Anyway, we won the toss and elected to take home team. We blanked the first two innings and they were up 9-0 going to bottom of 3rd. We woke up and put up 27 in bottom of 3rd, 17 of which were with 2 outs. They got 2 in top of 4th to make it 27-11. We put up 17 more in bottom of 4th to make it 44-11. They blanked in bottom of 5th and that was all she wrote! I got accused of my OG Freak being too hot even though they were swinging a player model SB34 Genesis. Both teams hitting 47-525's mind you..LOL!

#2. Same group of guys the following year were playing ISA State and ran into a good team from north part of the state. Other team was up 14 runs with 17 mins left to play in what I'm pretty sure was going into the bottom of 5th inning. Our P and C had gotten into a bad, cuss out argument the inning before and we were all pissed at each other and ready to fight. Well, somehow me managed to hit for the next 17 mins and ended up leaving the other team on the field. That was our highlight for the day though unfortunately.

#3. We were playing a rival team from neighboring AL in their home park in finals. They put up 15 in the top of the 1st on what was still to this day some of the hardest shots I've ever witnessed in my playing days. Well, we answered with some equally hard shots and 16 runs of our own in the bottom of the 1st. The game went back and forth for 7 innings and we ended up walking off in the 7th winning by a score of 32-31. BTW, we had beat them earlier in WB finals 26-25.

Of those 3, I can't really pick a favorite because they were all different. Man I miss those days!

The level of douchiness in your post is the best I've seen today!

Paulypal

Addicted to Softballfans

#3. We were playing a rival team from neighboring AL in their home park in finals. They put up 15 in the top of the 1st on what was still to this day some of the hardest shots I've ever witnessed in my playing days. Well, we answered with some equally hard shots and 16 runs of our own in the bottom of the 1st. The game went back and forth for 7 innings and we ended up walking off in the 7th winning by a score of 32-31. BTW, we had beat them earlier in WB finals 26-25.

I really cant choose either. I think you should start a thread and take a poll of which of the 3 is actually the best. I think SB Fans would find it riveting.

That aside - the thing I really need to know (and I believe we all do) is how are the pitcher and catcher doing. You cant tell us about this huge blow out and leave us hanging. Was there actually a fight later on? Did they make up? Are they still friends? Was there a rose ceremony?